#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

I was browsing arrows today and noticed Carbon Express's FOC arrows. If more Front of center is already built in, does that mean you might have to end up shooting a lighter broadhead to keep everything balanced, or in most cases would the added FOC still keep you in the right percentage range with the broadhead weight you normally use?
-Eric

#2 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

Eric I am going through the arrow game once again figuring spine, weight, length and what weight of broadhead to shoot. The only reason carbon express has weight forward is because they put a camo finish on the front 2/3rd's of the arrow and in doing so it makes the spine stiffer so yes its wise get the next size smaller. So in the end a lighter broadhead will not give you the flex needed to flex the arrow to give the proper spine.
I've ran the numbers several ways and in order to shoot the heavier arrow for me I would have to shoot an 1 1/2 inch longer arrow and either shoot a 115 or 125 grain broadhead to get the proper spine.
In the long run unless you want the camo arrows for looks don't waste your money and save about twenty bucks and get the straight black maxima arrows.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users