• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hello old and new friends, I want to put this out one last time for an invitation to come and join some of us long time members at our fellowship hunt at the wilderness hunting lodge in Monterey, Tn.We have made this track several times ,as far from back as the ole Bushnell days.It's not a fancy place but you are promised good food, a dry bed and lots and lots of big Russian boars there are many other species to hunt as well. There price is 675.00 this year but if you don't kill you only pay the deposit of 250 for lodging/ meals and It's a three day hunt. most of us bowhunt there,but gun hunters are welcome as well.We are all meeting there on Sunday October 12th and hunting until the 15th.it is a high fence operation with many mountains to scale. We have had a ball every time we have gone in the past and this time promises to be just as fun. The website is www.wildernesshuntinglodge.com if you if want to check it out and join us. God bless

Bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 29 July 2008 - 10:39 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

Going to be there around noon on the 12th. Un-pack, then shoot a little, and then go tearing around the hills on the 4-wheeler like northern rednecks :o) I'm learnin how to yodel and to say "y'all" before and after everything.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:29 AM

Boy Bill one of these days I am going to make it. I just bought a leftover tag for a Kansas Whitetail hunt and will have just returned from there by that time. With the price of fuel I cannot afford both. I gotta get to meet you guys some time before I check out. Question. Do you also have to buy a Tenn hunting license to hunt there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:10 AM

Are any of y'all planning and dreaming of a Tatanka hunt this time? 3:)

To answer your question PA RR - nope you don't buy a State of Tenn. hunting permit. You're not hunting any native species like whitetail deer, pretty much all exotic types until they start reintroducing elk to Tenn. like they did Pennsylvania and Kentucky. :hmm:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 30 July 2008 - 07:15 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

a buffalo has crossed my mind mark :hmm: i am somewhat confused,i just watch team fitzgerald hunt boars up there on north american rhinos 4 and its got me drooling to find a 400 lb'er.......
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#6 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

:( Well Bill I spent my wad of huntin $$$ this year on 2 turkeys out in Kansas this spring.
And next year the wife and I are starting to put BIG $$$$$$$ into the house (starting with a new roof)
BUT PA and I will make it to hunt with y'all one of these years I promise.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#7 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

Well its a Fallow Buck for me and if not by the last afternoon Buff. or Sika 3:) 3:) . I also have a friend who works with me coming hunting with a cross bow for hog
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

Well its a Fallow Buck for me and if not by the last afternoon Buff. or Sika 3:) 3:) . I also have a friend who works with me coming hunting with a cross bow for hog

Fallow buck would be nice and they had some awesome ones there last time but the antlers were falling off. Glad to see you're bring someone with you Mike, should add to the fun and the story telling competition. :D
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

I went up there on Sunday, Mark They have a large heard of Fallow in all three colors, They should be in the rut about the time re arrive :clap: :clap:
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

Well when I got home last night I checked the mail and my receipt was there from Wilderness so I'm booked. :boone: :nahnah:

Now I have to go buy some ear plugs so I can get some sleep. When the Lumber mill gets fired up in the bunk house it's darn near will make you go sleep in the truck. :blink: :rofl: :peace:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 08 August 2008 - 07:59 AM.

#11 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:03 AM

you get to wher you don't here it after awhile Rowdy. :curse: :curse: :curse: :blink: :blink:

#12 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

you get to wher you don't here it after awhile Rowdy. :curse: :curse: :curse: :blink: :blink:

Yes, if the snoring is deafening it stands to reason you will eventually go deaf! :o)

Fallows are good eating. You'll enjoy the meat.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users