#1 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

Well,
i picked up my Switchback xt at the archery shop the first of the week..Its sweet..althou i haven't had a chance to take it out back and try it out ..But that time will come ..

I'm now looking at purchasing arrows..what do you guys recommend ?

Arrow rest : Whisker biscuit

Sights :True glow
Stabilzer :Sims
Quiver : 5 arrow quiver from Eastman outdoors
125 grain 3 blade broadheads from Allen (Grizzly )
Release : True fire
String Leech : Sims
Limb savers : Sims
What else might i need to look for ?
thanks
Dennis

and for this yr i purchased some inexpensive broadheads from walley. world next yr i will purchase a way better set..but due to the cost of a new bow i'm trying to stay on a budget this yr.

Edited by Dennis, 02 August 2008 - 05:09 AM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

My recommendation are Carbon Express hunter FOC, Gold tips Hunter and Easton Epics buy the best you can afford - I think it pays to buy the best you can. Sometimes I find eBay has some better buys than the local stores.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

Congrats on the XT purchase! I use Gold Tip arrows with my Switchback XT. But I think you'll find a lot of different opinions about arrows. IMHO, I think most of the top brand arrows will fly great for you provided you get the correct arrow (i.e. spine, weight, etc.) and also provided that your bow is set up properly (centershot) and in tune. FWIW, I shoot Gold Tip Pro Hunters 7595 cut to 26.5" (way over spined according to the charts) but I can shoot bullet holes (bare shaft and fletched) and the deer I killed couldn't tell the difference. :D

Since you shoot with the WB, I'd recommend one of the "tougher" vanes such as Blazers or the Flex Fletch Flash. The bisquit has been known to wrinkle up the softer vanes.

One last opinion, the string leeches are robbing you of fps....not really necessary on the XT since it has string suppressors near where the leeches go.

Good luck with your setup, it's a killer for sure. :thumbsup:

#4 Blood Bath2006

Blood Bath2006

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

Loved my XT!!! You made a great choice there. Look into Victory arrows. The best on the market in my opinion :bigthumb:
Posted Image
Sonic Pro Staff Shooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users