A Weekend In His Presence...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Okay, I'll try to keep it short, sweet, and to the point just for Phil. ;)
Those of you whom have ever met any of the members of the C.A.S.T.E.R.S. hunting camp have already been blessed to know what I came to know this weekend.

I met up with our very own "Charles", his lovely wife Carol, and fine young man of a son, Nate, on Friday afternoon to drive allllllllll ( ;) ) the way to central PA from the PA/Ohio border. Our destination: The C.A.S.T.E.R.S. Hunting Camp. I've shared a few different camps in a few different states with people from a few different walks of life, but I gathered before I ever laid eyes on this particular campsite that I was in for a different experience than ever before. (This would prove to be true.) The ride to was wonderful. I was able to reconnect with Charles which was a blessing in and of itself. We pretty much talked the entire drive; mostly just catching up on everything going on in our lives and a little about the past.

Upon arrival at camp, we were greeted by our own "JGabel" and "Phil". Judd was a mountain of a man who immediately offered up some grilled sausages. (Truly a man after my own heart. :)- ) Judd is very outgoing and probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. He immediately puts you at ease, despite his "sasquatch-like appearance" (as if I am one to talk :P ). I sense that he is the type who would give you the shirt off his back and then some. (Judd, I look forward to hanging out again. Remember, "low wrist". ;) )

Phil seemed, perhaps, more reserved than Judd at first. He appeared as a man who likes to take in the moment before speaking/acting. But, once the speaking began it simply flowed. I found myself hanging on his words. (I probably came off as a kid in awe of his "hero" or something... :doh2: ) I just sensed the Love of the Lord strong in Phil in a powerful way right off the bat. You can't help but be drawn to such a person. The Holy Spirit in you testifies to whom they are in Christ and you simply feel as if you've known them for a while when you've never met them before in your life. I only wish I had met him much sooner in life.

The entire weekend, as a whole, was incredible. Though the "bickering" between Judd and Phil made it fun and light the way that such a gathering should be, these were clearly people who take their faith in Christ seriously. I tell you that they simply do things the way that they should be done. I am not sure that I have ever felt more a part of a camp before and that includes ones I have shared with "closer" friends and/or family. Others came in at various times during the day on Saturday. "Woodhick" and his son came in and fellowshipped as well as threw some axes. It was quite a sight to see. (I've never been able to sink the point throwing a knife, so I didn't even bother to step up to the line! LOL) A little later in the day, "Eric" and his family (minus his dad, "PA Ridge Runner"!!! :P ) arrived and also spent some time with us.

Of course, what would a weekend in camp out of hunting season be without playing with big boy toys! All I really remember for sure is that by the time we were done the ground was covered in spent brass, shot shells, and broken clay birds (expect the ones Judd was shooting at :P ) and our archery targets had a bunch more holes in them than they did when we arrived. I truly feel bad if anyone there didn't have as good a time as me because I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my company.

The only bad time of the weekend was leaving. As we were reaching the paved road at the bottom of the mountain, Proverbs 27:17 was brought to my mind... "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." This entire weekend was about fellowship and sharing a small piece of our lives with others who all care for each other and further share a common goal/purpose. I am a better individual for having gone. I thank God that I did and I thank God for each and every person whom I met this weekend. You all touched my life in your own way. Thank you, Rahmig family, for having me... and the same goes to all at C.A.S.T.E.R.S.

God bless and keep you all.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

We here in the Rahmig Family are truly Blessed for having you with us this weekend (and any other time we can spend time with you). You just don't know how much we Love you, Brother. If we didn't drive over 400 miles to have fun we'd never have been so Blessed. In fact, it was those miles that allowed us to reconnect and make new in-roads to future adventures (even if you had to put up with my complaining about the bad drivers, LOL). I hope I didn't keep you up at night too much with all my snoring (not to mention the 4AM Thunder Storm that Phil brought on).

I too agree that the only bad part of the weekend was leaving. I always feel that way when I hit Monument.

I can't wait for Archery Season with you in one of those tree stands!!!!
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#3 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hey Jeremiah now that you know where we are come again soon. :D

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Even though it was a short time we were there it was a true BLESSING to finally get to meet you face to face Jer. It sure was great to hear Phil and J picking on each other (leaving all the rest of us alone). LOL

Jer I promise the next time we meet we will sit down together and spend more one on one time.
It sure was nice to be at camp and we all need to getogether more often.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:41 AM

I wish I had time to post more and maybe thank Jeremiah for not only blessing us....but for all his help pumping the brake pedal during the "Tickmobile ride of Death" :help: :whistle:
Anyways, it was a wonderful weekend and I'll admit that the eyes got quite misty as I headed down the access road.

* Jeremiah, on the way down the mountain I prayed for your continued recovery & future achievements and the Lord immediately calmed my spirit with such a sense of assurance that I wept with joy. Keep your eyes lifted brother because I believe with everything within me that He's using you in reaching many with unspoken blessings & hope! Praise God for helping us finally meet :D :- Phil

Edited by Phil, 04 August 2008 - 05:42 AM.

Posted Image

#6 PARod

PARod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

It sounds like you all had a great weekend. I wish I could have came down to be a part of it.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

I am sorry that I could not be there too. I am sure hoping there is a next time. What did Phil do? Take you down to the gas line or down the back side of the mt. I have to admit that tickmobile will get you there and then get you back.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

Sounds like a great weekend. Now where oh where are the pictures you took?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

Boy this place looks familiar.
Been a long time since I was in here.
Jer, it was an honor to meet you.
I pray we can be together again and that GOD continues to heal your body
and continues to guide you to touch more lives like you do.
It was my pleasure.

#10 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Welcome back Judd. Aint seen ya online in a coons age. Hope things are good in PA.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users