10 replies to this topic

#1 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

This past Monday I had come home from work and got in some comfy clothes, and was awaiting a call from the wife to let me know when she would be home from work so I could start dinner for us. As usual I came into the room and looked at my emails and then to HR forum. Some time later I looked at the clock and it was heading on 7:15 pm so I got up to get something to drink and look out the kitchen window. And what do I see, 4 Does, 7 fawns and two bucks. So I go and grab the camera to snap some shots of them but the flash lights up the window so you can't see anything real clear. So I go to sneek out the back door to get some photos and just as I was getting into position to take some pictures I heard the car, OH NO the wifes home and she didn't call, well you know the rest of the story, deer scatter and no pictures. DANG IT. The wife gets out and says did you see all the deer and I just raised the camera and said what do you think. So she thinks I got some pictures and wants to see them. so I turn the camera around for her to see and it was blank, and with a look she said what happen, and all I could say was bad timing. Then on Wednesday morning as I was getting ready to go out to the candle shop and as I was walking out the back door to the car port and as I got the the front of the truck I looked up and saw a turkey head just looking at me, and it was real close like 40 ft at the most. So I freeze and she bobs up and down and then continues to walk on out into the yard, well now I cant move, so she walks out and behind her were 11 small babies in tow with her. But when I saw the Hen in full view I had to do a double look for she had a 10 to 11 inch beard on her, WHOA, yes thats right a beard. I took a real good look at her and yes she was a hen, the head was white and I could not see any spurs on her. So she just calmly walked over to where Woody parked his RV this spring and walked into the woods. I did however manage to get some photos the other night of the Does and fawns and I will post them later in this thread. So its been exciting.

turbo

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

Very cool Dave. The wife and I were in our drive way standing behind my Jeep. A hen walked up the driveway, stopped just 6 yards away, looked at us a few and then walked across the yard into the woods. Last week we woke up to the sound of water splashing. Looked out the bedroom window and there was a doe wading in the pond. Then a few weeks ago we had baby Road Runners in our back yard. Gotta love living in the country. :yes:

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Getting in the mood watching all the critters. :hunter:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Eric and I walked out back this evening for a look see. When we got to the field that I took the shot of the doe a couple of weeks ago we saw a doe and two fawns. A little while later a big fat porcupine waddled down the hay field. The wind was all wrong so we came back a little early. When we stepped into the yard 3 rabbits were there. Didn't get any pics of the deer as they were too far away.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

I did the walk thru archery course at my r & g club on wednesday. Saw a doe & twin fawns when I got to the first target. Their spies are in place keeping tabs on me again.

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

I did the walk thru archery course at my r & g club on wednesday. Saw a doe & twin fawns when I got to the first target. Their spies are in place keeping tabs on me again.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They're ever where! It's not fair! :hunter:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Here are a few pictures of the deer! Hope you enjoy
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
these are taken in the lower part of our yard.

turbo

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Muchly appreciated!

Dave do you have a food crop out there - maybe some clover???? You don't have to answer that if you feel it's incriminating. :evil: In Ohio it wouldn't be. :peace:

#9 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

Mark, I do not have any special plots growing. The deer in the pictures are in the grass that I cut.. It is mostly orchard grass and some clover mixed in but nothing special, and I don't think it is legal here in PA to hunt over food plots for game. I am still trying to get pictures of the bucks that are comiing in but as of yet no successs.

tubo

#10 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

You can hunt food plots but you may not bait. Figure that one out. Oh turbo I think I will pitch my tent right there.

#11 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Tonight a doe and her fawn just 20 yards from the car port,
Posted Image

turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users