• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

seems to be the craze in the pro shop any users here?
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

I have tested the slick trick magnum. They fly pretty darn good but I have not tried to shoot an animal with one yet. I agree a lot of jabbering about them on the bowhunting forums about them.

Now last year's spring bear camp a couple of successful bear hunts used them and they got their bear. The holes were nothing unusual.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

thanks mark, i also checked on those razorcaps, thats a cool concept,i am going to the shop tomorrow and make a decision........may take all day though,lol :clap:
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

Leo made a great suggestion when he mentioned G5 Strikers. They have a replaceable blades and it's very sharp. They come in 100 and 125 grain.

G5 new Magnum striker is a 125 grain but it's a huge cutin broadhead. They mention somewhere in the literature they are for in close shooting. I agree. Unfortunately when I tested it didn't fly so great, and that could have been me.

I think the regular 100 and 125 grain fly the best for me compared to of the other broadheads I've tested and I was glad to read Leo agreed.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

7point, I use the Razorcaps and have shot them out a distance of 60 yards and they had great accuracy. I shot a group of three aroows and the grouping was less then 2 inches. Woody used them over in Africa and got grreat penetraton on one of his animals at 55 yards, and it was a pass thru.

turbo

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

I just want to add one thing here because FOC has been brought up recently. I really think this is important.

Your particular arrows will dictate what grain head you shoot not you.

If you are looking at both 100 grain heads and 125 grain heads because that is what your shafts are spined for. Try both before you decide! One absolutely will fly better than the other especially down range. Usually at least 25yds is where you'll start to see a loss in accuracy with one or the other.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users