• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Competitive 3D, Bowhunting, Videoing hunts, Camping, fishing and Predator Hunting.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

Well with the hunting season opener right around the corner, is everyone all sighted in hitting good and ready to go let the arrows fly?? I found a new area which seems to be a Target Rich Enviroment :D SO. Anyone got any trail cams with any shots of some bucks that have a Target Drawn on them?

Ryan.

#2 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

RYAN, I SMELL BACKSTRAPS ALREADY!!! :clap: :clap: :)- :)-
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#3 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I just need to get my gear into my backpack and my camo into my HS Scent Safe Travel Bag. Other than that 20 minute project, I'm ready to go!

Check out my Blog to see an aerial photo of our land, along with descriptions of my five stand locations for 2008.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

As long as theres no gas gouging again, I'll be good to go to start archery season on sept. 20th.

I also plan on hearing when I get home that I was drawn for one of the coveted 45 elk tags here in PA. Then again, I've been planning to hear that message since they first started the drawing.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Yepper I just started shooting broadheads again out to 40 yards and hit my mark - most of the time :blush: .
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

IS IT SEPT YET?
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

I have to dust the bow off a little and actually site it back in, or it could just be my poor shooting that makes me think my bow is off :doh: We just have to put the finishing touches on our stands, and then I should be good.
-Eric

#8 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

I must admit though since i havent gotten to shoot much by the time I've worked my way from 20 to 40 yards, Im starting to pull my shots to the left at 40 yards. I've only shot twice this year (shame on me) seems that my bad shoulder is tiring out and Im dropping the lead arm after shooting for awhile. I start at 20 then 30 then 40. Now that most of my work on the new house is done, i'll be able to shoot alot before season opens.

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Admittedly, the first time I've shot my bow this year was last weekend at the CASTERS camp. (I've had some health issues. The last time I tried to draw it last year I was struggling.) The good news is that I've had no problems and I was dead nuts on out of the gate. So, this past week I've been doing my pin checks. 20, 30 and 40 yard pins are good to go. I still need to get somewhere to take a look at my 50 and 60 pins. (Not that I generally take that shot while hunting here in PA, I just like to know it's there.)

I hunt a climbing stand, so I have no real stand prep to do. (I am considering buying a hang-on and sticks, but I think that's going to wait until next year.) I'll probably pull out all my camo and wash it up in Scent Killer sometime in the next month and get it in bins with some dirt wafers. Of course, I generally start showering in Scent Killer stuff at least one week before season (as that's how long I've noticed it takes for my hair to stop smelling like every day shampoo and my underarms to stop smelling like every day antiperspirant.) The routine is down. Works for me. :) Now it just needs to get closer to opener!

No trail cams... No food plots. I'm fortunate enough to pretty much already know my area(s). Probably just get out and do a little glassing in the morning/evening in the next few weeks if I can.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#10 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

:cry: No Ryan, this is the first year that I didn't buy an archery stamp in 20 years. :(

Not that I don't enjoy bow huntin but it looks like I will have 2 tri-axle loads of wood to cut,split,and rank and my kids and (I just hate to say this) but WORK will have to come first.

Maybe next year. :yes:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#11 jlaws

jlaws

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

september 15 got my eyes on some big ones

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

Safety is apart of getting ready

Here's a very good reason for getting ready and staying safe.

We all have stories of fellow bowhunter who fell. I don't want another one to tell.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 18 August 2008 - 01:23 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#13 Blood Bath2006

Blood Bath2006

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

I've been ready for months. I washed and packed my clothes 2 months ago :D
Posted Image
Sonic Pro Staff Shooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users