South Carolina Alligator Season
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:17 AM

Well now Leo you certainly have a direct connection to the Big Guy. You mention something and only a few days later it comes to pass. Now get a permit and git-r-done.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

Well now Leo you certainly have a direct connection to the Big Guy. You mention something and only a few days later it comes to pass. Now get a permit and git-r-done.

If I'd have been more on the ball I'd have put in for the drawing this year. As it stands I missed the application deadline. :(

Gotta wait til next year.
Posted Image

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

I wonder how expensive that gator hunt would be for an out of state hunter? :hmm: SC is fairly close for the drive and any size with a bow would be a trophy.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

I know we have to pay $10 application fee (non-refundable) and then if we get drawn, $100 for the permit. I don't know what the non-resident fees are. I can't find that info on the SCDNR site.

There are public areas to hunt but you need a boat. I don't have a boat.

I wish I could say come on down I'll hook you up but honestly I can't. After this season is a couple years old it will probably get easier but right now I'd say non-residents need to save their money. I imagine the first season is gonna be a real circus in the public areas.

Edited by Leo, 15 August 2008 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

I know we have to pay $10 application fee (non-refundable) and then if we get drawn, $100 for the permit. I don't know what the non-resident fees are. I can't find that info on the SCDNR site.

There are public areas to hunt but you need a boat. I don't have a boat.

I wish I could say come on down I'll hook you up but honestly I can't. After this season is a couple years old it will probably get easier but right now I'd say non-residents need to save their money. I imagine the first season is gonna be a real circus in the public areas.

I looked too Leo for Non- RES info and no references made that I saw. I don't own a boat - sold mine several years back and always intended to buy a larger one. I believe my fishing buddy would let me borrow his if I asked nicely. Brib him with some gator chops :lol:
You're probably right about it being a crazy first season.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users