1 reply to this topic

#1 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

I can not get any dvd to play in my system, I am using real player and windows media player. When I put a dvd in here is the message I get for both players,

s Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter.

I followed the trouble shooting advice it gives and it gave me fits and had a computer melt down.

Anyone with any sugesstions.

turbo

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:58 AM

Some commercial DVDs have player software on them that must be loaded before you can play it on PC. It's part of their anti-copy protection.

The other thing is some computers are sold with DVD drives but their graphics capability can't handle playing a DVD. So it may be your graphics card (probably on board card) can't do it. If it's on board graphics sometimes a memory upgrade will fix the problem. I really can't tell what your issue might be without a lot more info. Sorry.

It's really goofy to be asked to reduce colors and res to play a DVD. I've never seen that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users