3 replies to this topic

#1 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

i was showed this at work don't think i've seen it before.
take one of your arrows with a tip on it first mesure it like you would normaly and mark half way example if you shot 28 inch arrows put a mark at 14. then balance your arrow on your finger and mark the balance point. now mesure the distance between the 2 marks take that # and divide it by the lenth of your arrow then multiple that # by 100 this will give you the % of weight at the tip. 10 - 12% is optimal. let me know what you think.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Man, I sure hope I don't sound like a jerk but I thought everyone knew how to figure Front of Center. I know we've covered it before. ;)

I think I first laid eyes on this link close to 10 years ago... http://home.att.net/...n/archery9.html

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

Yes but I bet some of us guys forgot it. That's for reminding us though and I'm sure there are a few new guys that haven't been exposed to the force. :D
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

For carbon shafts you really want at least 10% FOC. You can get away with as low as 8% on the heavier aluminums.

In General the lighter the shaft the more FOC you need to get good arrow flight AND straight penetration.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users