12 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

Here it is he he he

The buck in the following pics is standing at 40 yards its quartering away, with heart fully exposed, he is about 23 to 24 inches wide, and a solid 3x4 desert mulie in full velvet, (the pic is kinda hard to see it was right at first Light) its the second day of the arizona archery deer season, do you shoot him or do you let him walk,

Posted Image

R L

PS Sorry I have been away for a bit been out chasing deer already HE HE HE LOL
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

Open the Freezer Door I would have a mule deer a comming home.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

*Twang* ................................................................. *Thwack!*

:D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

Posted Image

#4 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

dead...
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Just depends on a few things. Since it's early season, is that the deer you want or could you exspect to see better? Also, do you feel comfortable taking a heart shot at 40 yards in poor light? If yes to both questions, you want it and feel confident in your shot, then I'd be eating backstrap for dinner. :D

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

Id have shot it if I could see it in my peep sight. Its a bit dark and not sure if its to dark to aim right.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Let me thinkth this one over for a secondth- yep it's going home with me.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

done 1 shot 1 kill
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#9 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Never having been to Arizona before I would have to ask is it a legal muley to take? If so then the next question is is it a deer I would shoot on the last day of hunting? If so then why not now?? Yes is the answer to questions........... Warm up the Grill >>>---------------------------> if i can see do to the low light ? Then again with the True glo bright peep and the way it sits in the string I know I could See!! SO.............

>>>--------------------------------> Dead Muley going on grill!!

#10 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Let the baby walk. Geeesh just because you can doesn't mean you should. R L you know there are better bucks there. Besides there is so much time let to hunt.

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

Let the baby walk. Geeesh just because you can doesn't mean you should. R L you know there are better bucks there. Besides there is so much time let to hunt.

Considering the same facts. Odds are awful good RL gonna get a chance at a bigger one before the season is out in the area he hunts.
Posted Image

#12 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

Since you know the odds are in your favor to wait, I bet you passed. You have plenty of time and a great hunting area. Not to mention you know the place like the back of your hand.

Now, if you never see Deer where you're hunting and have two more days in your hunt then you're gonna shoot. Much different situation.

So, did you let him walk?
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#13 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Well lets just say he is still walking around in the area, At one point I had him at 25 yards, He is a leagle deer here but here are some reasons I let him go at this point in the game,

1. there are 3 bucks in the same area that will go over 170 and 2 bucks that will be in the 190 range, there is 1 buck in the area that will break the majaic number of 200,

2. although is archery season now, both sherri and I have muzzy tags that start oct 31st for the same area,

3. and probley the biggest reason was, that day it was 105, by 8am I was 20 miles back in by quad, about 1.5 hours from the truck, I just did not think I could have gottem him taken care of with him spoiling, and I dont care how big he was I was not going to shoot him at this time,

4. heck it was only the second day of the season,

5. this buck is only 2.5 years old, he was a 2x2 last year, with his genes he could be a monster in a couple of years if he can make it.

Its a chance you take when hunting, it may come back to haunt me at the end of the seasons, but hey, at least I can say I shook his hand LOL

good answers from all, will try and post more pics as I get them,

R L

Edited by mzlloader, 29 August 2008 - 06:31 PM.

Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users