Shoot Or Dont Shoot
Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:59 PM
The buck in the following pics is standing at 40 yards its quartering away, with heart fully exposed, he is about 23 to 24 inches wide, and a solid 3x4 desert mulie in full velvet, (the pic is kinda hard to see it was right at first Light) its the second day of the arizona archery deer season, do you shoot him or do you let him walk,
PS Sorry I have been away for a bit been out chasing deer already HE HE HE LOL
Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:35 PM
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.
Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:31 PM
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak
Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:43 PM
Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:48 AM
Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:25 AM
Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:57 AM
>>>--------------------------------> Dead Muley going on grill!!
Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:25 PM
Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:57 PM
Let the baby walk. Geeesh just because you can doesn't mean you should. R L you know there are better bucks there. Besides there is so much time let to hunt.
Considering the same facts. Odds are awful good RL gonna get a chance at a bigger one before the season is out in the area he hunts.
Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:42 PM
Now, if you never see Deer where you're hunting and have two more days in your hunt then you're gonna shoot. Much different situation.
So, did you let him walk?
Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:26 PM
1. there are 3 bucks in the same area that will go over 170 and 2 bucks that will be in the 190 range, there is 1 buck in the area that will break the majaic number of 200,
2. although is archery season now, both sherri and I have muzzy tags that start oct 31st for the same area,
3. and probley the biggest reason was, that day it was 105, by 8am I was 20 miles back in by quad, about 1.5 hours from the truck, I just did not think I could have gottem him taken care of with him spoiling, and I dont care how big he was I was not going to shoot him at this time,
4. heck it was only the second day of the season,
5. this buck is only 2.5 years old, he was a 2x2 last year, with his genes he could be a monster in a couple of years if he can make it.
Its a chance you take when hunting, it may come back to haunt me at the end of the seasons, but hey, at least I can say I shook his hand LOL
good answers from all, will try and post more pics as I get them,
Edited by mzlloader, 29 August 2008 - 06:31 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users