7 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

I bought me a new bow target today. It's a Buckmasters 360 and is rated for crossbows too, which is what I needed. Gonna take it out and give it a try soon as the rain lets up. Anyone tried one of these?

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:05 AM

I finally got to shoot my new target today and I'm a bit disapointed. It says it's rated for crossbows and that it has easy arrow removal. Welllll, right now I've got 3 arrows in it that I can't pull out to save my life! They won't budge at all! Not too happy with their idea of easy arrow removal! Think I'll take it back where I bought it and challenge them to pull my arrows out. :curse:

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

I hope this is a help Norm.

Do your arrows have broadheads on them or field points?

Broadheads seem to pull out easier than fieldpoints because they cut a fairly large hole going in.

I find if they are field points on them you can take an arrow grip tool and gripping the shaft twist the the shaft until it clicks or snaps free. The material on a rubber or foam target tends to stick to a carbon shaft from the heat generated on impact. Breaking that connection is the snapping noise I hear. Then you can pull it out. I find if you run your hand along the shaft you you might find a very thin film of target still attached to it. some targets are very hard to remove arrows at first until you punch them with several dozen shots to soften them up.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 05 September 2008 - 01:50 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 my7pointmonster

my7pointmonster

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Competitive 3D, Bowhunting, Videoing hunts, Camping, fishing and Predator Hunting.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

Just a quick tip, Everytime I shoot into a foam target, I either dip my arrow tip in some Armor all or you can use a bar of ivory soap and just run the arrow over it a few swipes, comes out like a charm then

Ryan.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

I took it back. It took two grown men, one a definite Bubba, to pull my arrow out. One holding the target down and the other pulling with both hands. I shoot aluminum arrows made for my Jennings crossbow. Like a regular arrow just a shorter shaft. I was shooting using field points. Pulled the fletchings off one arrow getting it out here at home. They shook their heads like me. It was rated for crossbows and said right on it, " Easy Arrow Removal" I had no problem getting my money back as it was the last target they had had in stock. Don't know what the problem was. Jason has a similar target and has no problem pulling his arrows. I'm going to try his and see how it goes. If it works ok I'll buy one like it. Got a compliment on my shooting anyways. My arrow was dead center of the heart! :D

#6 mdwhite611

mdwhite611

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Fishin', huntin',

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

"My arrow was dead center of the heart! :D "

That is smooth <_< !

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Been shooting into Jason's block target and the arrows are fairly easy to remove. I've shot several arrows into it with no problem at all so the Buckmasters target I had must have been defective.

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Spirithawk the other day I was talking to my bro-in-law and he has a 200 lb draw crossbow and bought a morrell target rated for crossbows and has had good luck with it. I think he said he got it at Cabelas for like $39.00 or so. Oh and a special note. You can use the rope devise to undraw your crossbow without having to shoot it. It may take two people but I have let the string down as easy as pie.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users