• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

:curse: well, i tried to get out a do a labor day tradition and hit the state dove fields,i should have know better,from years past but i thought surely not again.we get to the paking lot of the game lands,walk through the gate of the game lands and begin hunting the game lands and here comes this resident who lives beside the field which is game land and proceeds to cuss me and my buddy out,and tells us we cant hunt near his house.after a few colorful words myself,and a call to the warden.we enjoyed the rest of the days hunt on the game lands, :D i did what im supposed to do and advised the adversary of the law in reference to not harassing hunters,the guy told me to get ?**?*?*. :doh: i was in another county so i had no jurisdiction,but i would loved to have..... :bash: ....please forgive me Lord :pray: .well any rate the wildlife officer handled it and it all worked out. I am so sick of these people,i had actually quit hunting for about three years because nonsense like this.we are running out of places to hunt in peace.sorry just had to vent,any of you have to deal with these yahoos?

bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 02 September 2008 - 10:51 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:05 AM

Last year a group of local glassy eyed liberal public shool zombies (also known as students) ran around the woods banging pots and pans and hollering to disrupt elk hunting. Though it's illegal, they were simply warned and told to go home. Great lesson there. Of course they did it again.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

I hunt some public parks with a permit from the police dept. I get it too. they'll drive thru layin on the horn. hikers havent bothered me yet but I did scar the tar out of one woman who didnt see me waiving my orange hat during archery season while trying to get her attention.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:54 AM

Bill this is an ongoing problem throughout the US. I have not encountered any harrassment as of yet. You having much more training in this arena than the rest of us do can much more appreciate how we feel when confronted by them. Personally I know I would feel much anger but also know that I cannot show it as anger. Anger surpressed is frustration. Sounds like you handled it as a professional. Congrats.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

It's amazing how the martyr syndrome comes out in these so called protectors of the wild things. I say martyr because they confront hunters bearing weapons and most know how to be lethal with them. It's a crazed mentally ill individual who does this and they scared me when I was surrounded by three teenagers with a big German Shepard dog that they kept calling me insulting names and cursing me plus telling the dog to get me. I had just left the woods and hadn't shot anything and was in a fairly good mood walking on a public road headed to my SUV when they saw me and ran over to me from their yard. :blink: Then when I got to my suv I had a woman drive up in a truck and very openly write down my car's license number and said she was calling the cops. I told her I was hunting in a city park with their full blessing and knew I was there. So I called the police headquarters and turned the bunch in while I was there. The police looked into it later.
The park program that set this up now warns hunters to stay clear of that neighbor of that particular park. And to call in immediately any confrontation with them so a officer can arrest them. It was reported in August meeting setting up this years' program that they have been arrested several times already for harassing hunters. Just a martyr for the cause. :zipped:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

A few years back Jason and I bow hunted 40 acres that was next to a hotel. The land was just across the line from the city limits with the hotel on the city side. The guy that managed the hotel liked for his guests to watch the deer in the fields on our side. He continually harrassed us, stole our stands, disrupted our hunts, ect. He even had a car load of teenagers drive around blowing trumpets while we were hunting. One very cold day, when Jason and I came walking out of the woods, there waited a game warden and a police officer. We exsplained we had permission to hunt there and showed them so in writing from the owner. I also showed them my permit to hunt with a crossbow. The game warden checked out my bow, smiled and said, "Sweetttt!" :lol: They told us it was the guy at the hotel who called them. We then exsplained about the harrassment and thefts and that he knew we had written permission to hunt there. The game warden and police officer were not happy to say the least. They had sat in the cold waiting on us to show up for at least 3 hours. Needless to say they had some choice words with the hotel owner. Did this stop him? Not one bit. He even went as far as to post no hunting nor tresspassing signs on the land we were hunting a short time later. We told him thank you, it would keep others out and reminded him that it included him! Finally we got pics of him, from one of our trail cams, tresspassing and stealing a tree stand. We confronted him, and of course he denied it, till we showed him the pics and informed him that if we had even the slightest problem with him again that we would press charges. That finally put a stop to things for a while. Then this guy tells the motorcycle gang the Hells Angels that they can set up tents and camp there during a motorcycle rally they have every year. Now they behaved themselves, nothing against them, but the jerk had no right to give them permission and the owner of the land was seriously perturbed. He raised enough cane that the hotel manager got fired! People like we're talking about just don't have a clue. A while back I had a discussion with one and asked him just what he really did to help wildlife? Know what his answer was? "I pick up debri along hiking trails after storms." was his proud answer. I exsplained that was ok for him so he could go on nature walks but just how the heck did that help animals? Then I exsplained all the benifits that hunters provide to conservation and wildlife. Went in one ear and out the other. You just can exsplain logic to a moron!

Edited by Spirithawk, 03 September 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

I just thank the heavens above that we are lucky enough to be able to hunt on private land and in a rural area where almost nobody is against hunting because they either hunt themselves or have family that hunt..
-Eric

#8 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

Sir I have permission to hunt this land.
Sir we can do this the easy way or the hard way. What do you mean? We can either talk about this rationally or you can have charges brought against you for hunter harassment.

Check out the Hunter Harassment Laws in your state and know your rights and use your rights.
I for one am sick and tired of these type of people.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#9 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

Here is az there is talk of a mandory 3 year Drivers Lic being revoked if convicted of hunter harrassment, its a automatic 500.00 fine now if caught, and az game and fish take it very seriously here, if you can give them the right info, date, time, place and a lic plate number you can bet its gonna cost them, but from what I see the fines dont mean a thing, so I hope they pass the drivers lic revokion, nothing like loosing your driving privelges for awhile, and that is what they are a privelge not a right,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users