4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

I bought a Wildview digital trail cam recently at Wal Mart. Now I know there are a lot more exspensive ones out there but at $50.00 it's a pretty darn good deal. It's super easy to set up and takes great pics. You have a switch for test and operate and another for the time interval between shots. All there is to it. Heck they even had them on sale for $35 after I bought mine. I now wish I'd have bought a couple more. I saw Bass Pro has them too for $60, but theirs takes video too. I'll tell you, for the price they'd be pretty hard to beat and about anyone can aford one. You can download the pics to your computer or do like I do. It acepts a memory card wich I just pop out and put in my camera so I can view the pics in the field. I really like mine. Jason and I have a much more exspensive trail cam too and I actually like this one better. The only draw back is it doesn't stamp the time on the pics, so it's use does have limits, however, if you are just wanting to see what deer are around this will do the job. :D .

Edited by Spirithawk, 04 September 2008 - 09:17 PM.

#2 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

Good review. My cousin has one and really likes it.

I was thinking about getting a Cuddeback Capture next year. I might just save $150 and try the Wildview.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

Good review. My cousin has one and really likes it.

I was thinking about getting a Cuddeback Capture next year. I might just save $150 and try the Wildview.

The Cuddeback is a much better camera but if you just want simplicity the Wildview will get you pics. It does have a slow shutter speed so I remedied that by aiming it at my mineral lick. That way the deer stay in one spot long enough to get pics with no problem. My point is....you can buy 3 Wildviews for $150.00 and thus cover way more ground.

#4 bub82hd

bub82hd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

a buddy of my used one last year. it took a picture of a bear and when the flash went off the bear ate part of it. he found the camera part and that was all. it had a pics. of the bear coming and one when he waas biting it. it was cool.
bubba
hunt hard but have fun doing it

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

I have always wanted to get a trail cam but even at $50 and put it out and some duffus comes along and steals it. So to me its a little expensive to be putting them out.

turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users