3 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

Today was was testing different bullets for the upcoming season. So I got out a couple rifles. One of them was my T/C Hawkins Flintlock that I put a 21 inch Green Mountain Barrel on. It has a 1-28 twist so it is made to shoot sabots.

So I knew the barrel is top quality and about 90 grains is all the powder it can handle efficiently, so I loaded 90 grains of Graf's & Sons 3f black powder and a 250 grain Shockwave. This group was at 25 yards.

I had a T/C agate in the jaws, and the igniton using a 4f prime was as fast as any rifle I ever shot. I was kind of impressed. I was swabbing between shots. But at 25 yards, I know this rifle is a keeper.

So I backed out to 50 yards. First I swabbed the barrel clean.

Posted Image

The first shot hit just over the bull, as expected. I then swabbed between shots and had a great group going until I of course had to blow it. But over all this is a good shooting rifle. This light little rifle would make a great stalking rifle and it was fun to shoot as well. I was shooting the 250 grain shockwaves, and with 90 grains of 3f this little rifle has a lot of snort...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Cayugad your rifle resembles my RMC Accusporter with a short green mt barrel. I have 2 barrels for it though. One is 1:28 and the other is 1:48. Both barrels are more accurate than I am. I really like the L&R lock too as it gives very fast ignition too.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

I heard those RMC accusporters are really well made rifles... I should have bought one when he was selling them out a while back so he could sell his new model. I think the only difference was the breech plug did not come out of that new model.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

That is when I bought mine. it was next to the last left hand original model left. The main difference was the removable breach plug. For the price difference I figured I could forgo the removable plug. For your info RMC is in different hands now as my friend Bob the owner sold and retired. The retail operation is owned by a Chris Cox.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users