10 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

I know you guys that live there are doing the bowhunt deal. How's it going for you? Any bugling bulls yet? Any encounters with the bear or cougar kind yet? Have a safe hunt and I'll be waiting for some check in on how the hunts going.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

This cool night time weather makes me wanna... well it makes me wanna... it makes me wanna bowhunt some elk.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

Rowdy,

I heard one bulge last Sunday. I think they're just starting to get the tickle. I will be up there this weekend bowing for bear and elk (area 45). I have a lot of chores to do though. A bunch of friends (what about you Charlie?)will be here from the 18th through the 28th. We are going to have fun! The camp will be set up this weekend. Hey Bruce...?
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

:( well I leave tomorrow for Canada. I drew a rifle moose tag for norther sask. I'll be gone from the 12-24

I have 1 archery cow elk tag, 1 archery bear tag and 1 archery mule deer tag that look like they won't see the light of day. I've been working 7 days a week trying to make a deadline on a current construction project so I could leave for canada thursday evening.
LOL I'm not even sure what last weekend of archery is this year. If I get back on the 24th and can get out for a day or two I might. sure wish I could I'm seeing all kinds of elk right now. just not while hunting.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Last Sunday I called in a couple. Small bulls were squeaking and I had a big bull chuckle at me. I brought a cow in to 40 yards and we startled each other. Needless to say no elk that day but I did go in a buy an over the counter archery cow tag. Maybe this year I will get 2 elk.

I did go home with a grouse. 1 well placed small game broadhead to its head and I went home happy. When I got home I cut the meat into little pieces, about the size of the end of your finger, and fried them up. The I wrapped the small pieces in bacon and grilled it up. The football games weren't that exciting but the finger food was great.

#6 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

Not much action going on in our neck of the Rockies. It's been dry and warm up until this week. We finally got our first frost on Saturday night so I am expecting to start hearing some action any day now.

Have fun Bruce!!!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

Larry how deep was that frost. When I was there at elkatraz III the frost was a bit heavy at times.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

:lol: I think you guys needed tire chains and a snow plow to get out of that frost didn't you?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#9 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

Huck, I sure would love to come on out and hunt with you again. But its not in the plan of things. Any way I want to wish all that are going Elk hunting the best of luck, and if you do get one it sure would be nice to get a steak or two :whistle: :whistle: . So be safe and enjoy.

turbo

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

I saw on the Mathews web forum one gal got a nice bull last weekend with her bow. Anybody here draw blood yet?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

what mark said......need to see a dead elk.....pics pics pics
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users