Heading Out

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Everyone:
The first leg of the trip is done. Made it to our friends ranch just outside of Swift Current Sask.
Left Thursday night at 9:30 pm got to their place Friday afternoon around 6:00.

Apparently there is still some possible issues on the Moose tags. I know the Bear tags are there for sure so at the very least it will be bear hunt and fishing.... I'll find out tomorrow when I fly into camp.

I didn't bring my bow. this will be a rifle hunt. so maybe that big bear I couldn't get in range a couple of years ago, will make a mistake and pop up...( well he can't hes a rug on someones floor, maybe his big brother will :) )

anyway I have the car reloaded and leave at 5 am. for LaRonge. Float plane at 3:00

see ya all next week.

Ohhh and Matt. the guides want braided bikinis for their girlfriends ;) something in red and white for Canada.

later everyone and thanks again for the well wishes.

Ohhhh Talked to Randy today....we got snow in the mtns. Breckenride got over 2 inchs in town and close to a foot up on the peaks. Elk will be moving down :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#17 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Bruce,

Hope you get that moose tag! And FILL IT!
Posted Image

#18 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

If Sask is anything like Ontario, then it'll be harder to get a moose tag than getting a moose! :doh:

If you put out enough decoys, you can bring them in without any problem.....Oh wait! That's to hunt goose, er I mean geese, not meese, er I mean moose! :blink:

Ya if'n yer gon'na hunt meese with a full herd of decoys, then you better bring along a whole heap of buddies, otherwise the word hernia will crop up with regularity!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#19 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Best of luck Bruce!

#20 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

Best of luck to you Bruce. Bag a big one! WE WANT PICS! :D

#21 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

RG I spent 54 dollars on a box of shells you told me to get.....box of 20....lets see that is 2.50 per shell. took 5 shots. 12.50 in bullets. good investment :)

oh and yes the tags were here:)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#22 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

RG I spent 54 dollars on a box of shells you told me to get.....box of 20....lets see that is 2.50 per shell. took 5 shots. 12.50 in bullets. good investment :)

oh and yes the tags were here:)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users