Whisker Biscuit

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

No thanks. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

got rid of mine Jer and whent to a Ripcord dropaway :clap: :clap: :clap:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#3 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

I think the video itself is highly suspect. Jeremiah, I,quite frankly, am surprised by your lack of success with the Biscuit. I can get perfect tears at 3 feet and at 10 yds. Maybe you just need somebody to show you how to use one, or, just re-read the directions :rofl:

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

When I saw the video it looked like the nocking point may have been off just a bit as the arrow seemed to jump up on release.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

LOVE MY BISCUIT :wub: DONT BE TALKIN BAD BOUT IT NEITHER :spar: . WELL ENOUGH OF THIS I WAS THINKIN ABOUT GOIN HUNTIN..... :hunter: :coffee:
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

My biscuit has been good to me. Though I can see how, if your nocking point is set wrong how the biscuit could exasperate things.

#7 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

Compared to a fall away, that's a ton of activity on that arrow no matter how it' knocked.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#8 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

watch the video and notice how the bow jumps back and forth in the holder, unless you think that the rest itself creates enough torque to make the bow do that :doh: All I"m saying is that the footage looks suspect because of that. My bow certainly does not jump like that in my hand

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

This is a thread with a slow motion video of a Whisker Biscuit being shot. Nothing more and nothing less. :lol:

Just because I don't shoot a WB on any of my bows doesn't mean I give a rats behind if anyone else chooses to. I've probably set up over a hundred of them for hunters and if they're happy, I'm happy. (Doesn't mean it's my first recommendation or that I'd ever shoot one myself though. :peace: )

As to the arrow getting up into the top bristles on launch: that appeared to just be the natural flex of the arrow being shot. (All arrows flex coming out of bows. YouTube has tons more slo-mo archery video for anyone needing "proof".) As to the bow moving... I can't say that I know anyone who shoots with better form than a Hooter Shooter (the shooting machine used in the video). That said, most folks still do not shoot with a "death grip". I know my bow would fall right to the ground if not for a wrist sling. (I've worked a lot to get it that way too.) My bow probably moves more than what is seen in the video. On a side note, check out some slo-mo footage of sights and things like that on a bow being fired sometime. They look like rubber bands. ;)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#10 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

The one Bruce gave me at E1 works GREAT. Now I just need to use our bows.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

Trophy Ridge and WB setup

Here's a little more about setup of the WB.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#12 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

charlie said it for me....
the one I gave him. :)

I know some people love them and some people hate them.
personaly, I was shooting so much that I was wearing them out and when they would go...they would go.

we are talking hundreds of arrows through one a night 4 or 5 nights a week.

my grouping would open up.

honestly, the drop away I have now...the WB could never come close to the groups.

in a hunting situation...where you nock up and arrow and have it ready as soon as you lift a bow....yea they work great. I simply believe I want to hunt with what I practice with and it didn't hold up to my practice.
that was before arthirtis set in LOL .

if you shoot one and it works for you ( two thumbs up )
for me...it was something to try and pass along to someone who enjoyed it cause it wasn't my cup of tea.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users