Dan Wesson

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

My brother had a DW .357 back in the early '80's. It was a NICE pistol. He kept it for a few years and then sold it (dipstick!).

By the looks of mine it might be your brother's. It's seen some miles. :lol:

=======

Well, I just got an e-mail that my scope base is on backorder. :thumbsdown:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#17 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Barrel wrench arrived today! :thumbsup:

It was a good news/bad news thing.

The good news is that the barrel, barrel threads, and the inside of the barrel shroud were the cleanest/best lubed parts of the entire gun. (Of course, the lube was so old it was filthy, but it's all better now. :D ) The bad news is that using the gap gauge that the wrench came with sure left more daylight between the barrel and cylinder than what there was when I first got the gun. I figure this change will make the gun shoot differently. (Hopefully better. :D )

Still waiting to find out what's going on with the scope mount. I contacted B-Square directly and they were willing to sell to me... at nearly twice the price anyone else sells the mount for online. :nottalking:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#18 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

A DW is a really well made handgun and finely fitted. I sold several when I was a dealer many moons ago and never had one come back or had a customer problem. They were all .357 like yours but back then they had the factory wooden grips. I am sure yuou'll enjoy it Jer. :bigthumb:
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users