No replies to this topic

#1 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

I purchased a "Superpack Hunting License" from the state of Maine because it was to enclude "Everything" this year. I was excited because it was to enclude expanded archery tags for the first time. Wording was as follows....

"Superpack License now includes 3 expanded archery deer permits, one of which could be used on an antlered deer." :clap: Finally they way it was intended to be...........

Well here is the Potential for BIG TROUBLE!! The expanded archery season started Sept 6 08 On Sept 5 08 the state of Maine posted online that in a press release "Emergancy Session" there was a law change. And then I recieved a letter from the Department of Inland fisheries and wildlife this Morning Sept 13, 2008. which states. :curse: :curse: :curse:

"The Superpack License now includes three (3) antlerless deer permits to be used in the expanded archery areas. Previously, the superpack license included three (3) expanded archery permits, one (1) of which could be an antlered deer permit. With this law change, all three (3) of the expanded archery permits must be antlerless deer permits. A Superpack license holder may purchase an expanded archery antlered permit if they so desire." :curse: :curse: :curse:

What would have happened If I or someone else shot a nice buck last weekend because it WAS leagal due to previous wording. Or even this morning before I got the Letter in the mail. Because we didn't go online to check out "Press Relesases". Maybe someone doesn't have Online.

If I did happen to arrow a buck before recieving the letter I am sure Gamewardens would say that Ignorance is no excuse here is a fine give us ALL your hunting stuff and maybe spend a couple of days (upto 30 ) in Jail. OH By the way you lost your hunting privaledges for the next 3-5 years. :curse: :curse: :curse:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users