• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

:D After losing her job to downsizing 2 years ago, my wife has worked in her field through temp agencies and currently has worked over a year for a small retirement firm. The position was only 24-30 hours a week with no benefits. She's been sending a few resumes out, trying to keep a positive outlook, and God has been Faithful in meeting our needs. I've been fretting over some longterm upcoming needs.....just asking for the strength to work the long hours I used to as a younger man(say 35 yrs old). Anyways, ..Last week she interviewed with a company and felt that it went well. She's been praying that if the job was more than she could handle then that God would close the door. Today she recived a call and was offerred the job. It's a new position created for her and is just what her degree was in. The salary is exactly double what her old job was, and with a much better benefit package and she got to choose her own schedule. What a Huge Blessing from the Lord. All year she's been telling me that this is gonna be her year of jubilee. We celebrated at Red Lobster tonight! LOL, ya gotta love the Lord's timing....tomorrow's her birthday :clap:
*hmmm...wonder how'd she'd feel about adopting a year old Black Lab that's been boarding here since Seth got an apartment :unsure:
Posted Image

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

Now that's awsome news Phil :)

Never forget to say thanks for a gift.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:33 AM

Thank you Lord for your blessing on these your faithful servants. There are many instances in scripture where Jesus commented about giving thanks. I want to give thanks for arrangeing for us to meet and become friends with this family and the others at camp.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:15 AM

Like I posted to Charles, you just gotta see God up there giggling over the surprise gifts He just loves to pour out on His children. What a great thing for you guys!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

Phil, I am so happy that her prayers have been answered. It is truely amazing how he answers prayers.

MD

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:36 AM

Phil, that is such great news, tell the wife congrats from us here in kentucky...

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#7 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

Pass along my congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users