10 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

Here's Jason's toy. It's a Taurus Raging Bull that has been reworked before leaving the factory. It has a ported barrel, custom reworked trigger assembly, and the stainless steel has been polished. ( they normaly only offer it in a satin finish ) Also, they normaly only offer it in .45 Colt and this one is .45 L Colt. The scope on top is a Red Dot. What is impressive is it's super accurate and has very little recoil. the ballance is perfect and it's the smoothest shooting pistol I've ever fired.

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 18 September 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Sweet!

Only thing, it looks like the shined stainless shows fingerprints pretty well. He'll have to get himself a pair of white gloves to handle that baby. :cool: LOL

Very nice. :yes:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

Nice handful. I hear they are great revolvers.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#4 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image
SpritHawk here is Jason's Raging Bull's big brother, 454Casull 8 3/8 inch barrel.
Joe "MR300WM"

Edited by Joe, 29 October 2008 - 09:30 PM.

MR300WM

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

Nice handful. I hear they are great revolvers.

It's the sweetest shooting pistol I've ever fired. And I've fired a bunch.

Joe, that's pretty nice bud. How's the recoil on that beast? Jason's friend has one like your's. Jason said it's just a fraction longer than his but basicly looks identicle. The 45L Colt though is fairly rare as Taurus told Jason there were few made and his particular one was a custom job done by them on special order. He got a great deal on it. Traded a Glock .40 cal.

Edited by Spirithawk, 29 October 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#6 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

I don't think that the recoil is that bad but the muzzle blast is horriable. I will never again pull the trigger without hearing protection as I made that mistake once. My Ruger SRH 44 Mag with a 7 1/2 inch barrel hits my hand harder that the 454Casull with 250gr bullets but now I will find out how 300gr bullets are as I have 20 loaded up for it. Four differant loadings of five each. I load 250gr in the 45Colt so I need a heavier bullet in the 454Casull. The trigger pull is factory on mine and it is a pleasure to shoot and I believe that if the trigger pull was harder you you pull with the recoil and muzzel blast combined. But the way this gun was purchsed either in 1998 or 1999 so I have had it awile. I know what I paid for mine but haven't seen what the 44s and 45s are going for but I would have made that trade in a heartbeat.
Joe "MR300WM"

Edited by Joe, 29 October 2008 - 09:31 PM.

MR300WM

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

Those are right pretty side arms. Kinda puts my puny 41 mag thompson center contender to shame. I have to get it out and get a pic of it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

I'd love to see a pic of it Paul. Jason and I both have long wanted a Contender. With me, it would make a cool addition with my T/C Encore. :D

#9 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

PA RIDGE RUNNER I have 38Special,357Mag,44Mag,45ACP,45Colt and 454Casull. I still want and hope to have a 41Mag at some point in my life. I had a 22 Browning Buckmark that was stolen but have one other rimfire Taurus Tracker 17HMR with a sight like on Jason's 45.
Joe "MR300WM"

Edited by Joe, 30 October 2008 - 08:30 AM.

MR300WM

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

Joe, Jason works private security and also is a Certified Executive Bodygaurd. You'd like what he carries. His sidearm is a Springfield Armory XD .45. His hideout is a Springfield Armory Sub-compact 9 mm and for extra insurance he carries a 9mm Cobra Derringer. He was trained by the fellow that invented the SWAT Team and the guy said the Springfield XD is the only one he trusts his life to. A pretty good testiment I'd say. Jason fired 2,000 rounds through his in two days without a single jam.

Edited by Spirithawk, 30 October 2008 - 08:09 AM.

#11 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:37 AM

I like springfields but not in 9mm you didn't see a 9mm in that list. My normal carry is a Springfield Compact 45ACP and the second if I want a second is a 4 5/8 in barrel Ruger SuperBlackHawk 44Mag the third weapon that gets out every once in a while is a Taurun 689 357Mag loaded with 158gr Hornady XTPs. All of my carry guns get the XTPs. I have carred the 45Colt and the RagingBull but it is hard to conceal. I have to wear my duster when when I decide to carry the Bull. Yeah I can be a bit of an ( ! ) if I want. :lol: :lol: :lol: all the way home.
MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users