Midway Usa

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

As some of you know, I've been looking to pick up a scope mount that clamps onto the rib/rail of my newly acquired Dan Wesson revolver. (I'm not sure at this point that I even want to keep a scope on the piece permanently, so drilling and tapping the rib would just be silly.) B-Square makes such a mount. In fact, it's fairly popular. The B-Square Dan Wesson mount is listed on several popular outdoor/hunting related catalog web sites. I don't want to name names as this isn't about "bashing" anyone... But, I have been trying to get this mount ordered for the past week and have failed miserably until today! I've gone through five web sites, three of which I had actually placed orders with. They all list (and STILL have listed) the mount in question on their sites. Unfortunately, with each order I would find out that the item was out of stock after ordering. Naturally, I would then have to request an order cancellation. (Why wait when there are other web sites to order from, right?)

After the second order went south, I began to realize I needed to start sending e-mails to the companies before ordering asking if they had the mount I was looking for in stock. As some here can likely relate to, pre-sales questions aren't very high priority to most companies. :angry:
Midway USA was one of only two companies that actually answered my pre-order e-mail. It turned out that the mount I was looking for was out of stock there as well. However, within an hour or so of receiving that e-mail, I received another from a Keith at Midway USA. Keith explained that his records showed that the particular mount I was looking to purchase was actually discontinued by B-Square. (Ah... Let the light shine!) He also informed me that Midway still had the stainless/aluminum version of the mount in stock (I had been trying to order blued/matte finish) and suggested that I could order that along with a bottle of Lauer or KG Guncote product to easily finish the mount in matte black on my own. After some thought, this is the route I elected to take this morning. (Only I plan to paint the mount with H.S. removable flat black paint so that I can easily go back to stainless if I end up having the gun nickel plated after the season since it needs refinished anyway.)

I can't say that I've had too many companies go out of their way to contact a manufacturer about an item I am interested in without me even asking, before I've placed an order or spent a dime. From having ordered from Midway USA once in the past, I know that they are lightning fast (items usually ship same day) and now I also know that the people there know what they are doing and are willing to go the extra mile for the customer. Midway USA will be getting my firearm-related business first in the future.
:bigthumb:

Update: I just checked my order status and the mount has already shipped. (Same day. :D )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

:clap: Thanks Jeremiah. I have had a similar good experience with ordering from them when I was looking for some muzzle stuffer sabots and Black Horn 209 powder. Customer service seems to be real there - and they have great big catelog that you'll probably get here very soon.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

Ive used them for years and always had great customer service as well.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

I just ordered a folding rear sight from them for my 30-06. It's my first order. Glad you got good service. I thought the shipping was a bit high, 11.00 for a sight that will fit in a padded envelope. We'll see how soon it arrives.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

I just ordered a folding rear sight from them for my 30-06. It's my first order. Glad you got good service. I thought the shipping was a bit high, 11.00 for a sight that will fit in a padded envelope. We'll see how soon it arrives.

Well, my mount arrived this morning. Yep, that's 2 days and with using U.S. Postal Service to boot.

I assume that $5 or so out of that $11 goes to Midway for the speed with which they handle getting items picked, packaged and out the door. (After all, it's shipping & handling) Personally, I'd have to say it's a fair price given the speed I've seen with both of my orders so far.

sig_admin.png

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

When I ordered this rear sight for my rifle last week the shipping was $11.00. I'm a bit slow witted, so the next day I got to thinkin that $11.00 was kinda high to ship a sight that weighs maybe 1 oz. avoirdrupois.

So I emailed Midway customer service and protested, saying that they could have put the sight in a bubble envelope and sent it USPS for maybe a buck or three. They replied saying I had checked the box to get a catalog when I placed the order, and that $8.00 of the shipping was to ship a free catalog, ...and they said the had already rebated the $8.00 and I could enjoy their catalog anyway as the sight had already shipped. :thumbsup: Now THAT is customer service. :thumbsup:

The Potterfield family has built a great company.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

When I ordered this rear sight for my rifle last week the shipping was $11.00. I'm a bit slow witted, so the next day I got to thinkin that $11.00 was kinda high to ship a sight that weighs maybe 1 oz. avoirdrupois.

So I emailed Midway customer service and protested, saying that they could have put the sight in a bubble envelope and sent it USPS for maybe a buck or three. They replied saying I had checked the box to get a catalog when I placed the order, and that $8.00 of the shipping was to ship a free catalog, ...and they said the had already rebated the $8.00 and I could enjoy their catalog anyway as the sight had already shipped. :thumbsup: Now THAT is customer service. :thumbsup:

The Potterfield family has built a great company.

I can believe it. That catalog probably weighs 3 pounds. It's about as thick as my local phone book. LOL

Anyway, awesome C.S. :thumbsup:

sig_admin.png

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:41 AM

I can believe it. That catalog probably weighs 3 pounds. It's about as thick as my local phone book. LOL

Anyway, awesome C.S. :thumbsup:

Yeah the catalog weight reminds me of Brownells, the old (real) Herter's', and Barrow Automotive from Butler GA(it's all guns and stuff), Numrich Arms, and the hardbound Cabela's. All good readin for cold winter nights.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users