Cant Go To Canada With Out Fishing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

Ya just can't go to BBIL without taking a fishing pole with you. first of all shore lunch is fish...so if you dont take your pole you'll go hungry... but mid day when you are not hunting you are fishing. And some of that comes along with some little guys but there are also some monster fish up there. The record for the week was 2 northern pike coming in at 46 inches each. the record for the year was a monster northern at 51 inches.
There are slot limits on what you keep. anything smaller then 20 goes back anything bigger then 30 goes back. You can still bring home 3 fish ( pike ) 3 fish ( walleye ) for a total of 6 fish. just make sure they are in that slot limit ( for the pike ).

Anyway here are a few of the fishing photos I have from this years trip.
Oh by the way....I'm considering doing a fishing only trip late august up there.
Larry, Mel...heck of a way to wrap up your season...get away for canadian fishing trip.
Rowdy....what do ya say bud? ;) I know you'll be speed goat hunting.
but actually a couple of friends here in fairplay are talking of wanting to go. Would be sort of cool if we could put together a group and fill up the lodge for 4 or 5 days.

ok on to the photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so ...who wants to go fishing?
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Wow nice fish. :clap:

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:43 AM

Purty nice pike Bruce and I know how you feel about shorelunch --- it gets so old by the fourth lunch of it :)- :D You'll be there while I'll be in Colorado? Hmmm what's wrong here? :blink:

You know me - I'd go back for fishing anytime, simply world-class but I'd do some bear huntin there too. I'd have to buy a break down spinning rod but that's another story of stepping on and breaking one in the dark. :blush: :blush: I want to go but you know where I'll be - I'll be high and dry (hopefully) over some dirty water hole in S.E. CO waiting for mr. prong prong prong horn with bow in hand. :D

Honestly the fishing is easy stuff up there and the water is clear and clean and the land is beautiful. You will not get skunked at any hour of the day there. The big fish are cruising in some of the oddest waters but then in some ideal waters too. Heck they're everywhere. Your hands and wrists will have a great work out by lunch time by setting the hook, pulling and reeling in the mornings catch.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 30 September 2008 - 07:50 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

Nice! BBI cranks out yet another season of good fishing.

You'll convince me to join you up there yet Bruce!
Posted Image

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

We could make mid-August and you're right, what a great way to wind down from summer.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

Mid aug anyone??? before archery elk :)
big ones will be hiding in the weeds :)

I think I have a contact or two up there still :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

...you REALLY otto have your own outdoor tv show. Nice fish and wonderful stories Bruce. Thank you.

(...say would Mel be cookin :stir: up any of that moose any time soon :hungry: ???)
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

shrugs...she has't called asking for a delievery of moose meat ;)

me a show LOL I dont think so. no one would want to see my ugly mug missing the majority of the time. LOL.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

Mid aug anyone??? before archery elk :)
big ones will be hiding in the weeds :)

I think I have a contact or two up there still :)

WARNING

This place will spoil you. Spoil you for fishing any place else because it's so much fun compared to any place else.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Aah that reminds me of several fishing trips I made to Northern Ontario and one to northern Quebec and even a fly in fishing trip to extreme northwestern Ontario, heavy on the North part. Everyone should experience a flight with a bush pilot at least once in their lives. NOTE TO SELF: Bring plenty of extra underwear for the flight.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Glad to see you had a great time and didn't go hungry. ;) :D

#12 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Nice fish Bruce.

Northerns and walleye are two of my favorite fish to catch and eat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users