3 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

I have been shooting a bow for years. Been through several differant types 3 to be exact. Browning, Mathews and now I own a Hoyt. The problem just arose and it has never happened to me. I am going to the shop tomorrow to see if I can't get her figured out. I thought I would see if you guys can give me some advice here. I had some down time today and decided to shoot some. Set up at 20 yrds. like always and was off a little. No problem I just adjusted the sights and was shooting silvert dollars again. Backed up to 30 and couldn't believe I was off at least 8" to the right from center. Shot several more times to see if it was me or what. Nope the same every time. Backed up to 40 and it was worse. I have had this rig for about 6 years now and have never had to adjust my sights. At all my yardage pins I have been right on. I have a 50 yrd. pin and was always able to stick the target the same as the 20 yrd. pin. Maybe not silver dollars but at least I could shoot a saucer plate every time. I can't for the life of me figure why all of a sudden I am off to the right of center. Nothing has changed. Same anchor point. Same stance. Same release. Any suggestons? I have a hoyt x-tech 1000. Yes and I do shoot a whisker bisquit. Easton carbons Epic 300 tipped with a 100 gr. G-5.

Steve

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

My first thoughts were fletchings hitting on some part of the bow but you already have that with the biscuit. Timing on your bow or string stretch causing your bow draw weight to reduce so that the spine of those 300 Eastons now are over spined. I'd be interested in what the proshop will do to correct it.

When my drop away rest failed on me the arrows would drop 8" below the spot I was shooting at from 20 yards. The arrow was going through the forks of the support launcher when it failed to drop away. Along those line the whiskers in the biscuit could be part of the problem getting old on one side verses the other side pushing the arrow to the right.

I hope it's fixed up quickly for you.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Blood Bath2006

Blood Bath2006

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

Check to make sure she is in specs. If she isn't put her back in. Once that has been accomplished try it again. What you did is basically the same thing as walk back tuning. I would normally just tell you to move your rest, but I don't know when you check your specs last. I hope this helps :D
Posted Image
Sonic Pro Staff Shooter

#4 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Well back on target. Hitting 50 yrds with acuracy again. Went to the shop and he looked at the bow. He did adjust the rest a little and gave me some advice on turning the elbow in a little more. When I was shooting he noticed the bow canting a little which would cause it to be off target the farther out. I don't shoot with a level on my sight but do take notice before releasing that the bow is level. My grip was getting worn a little also which I did notice but didn't pay much attention to as I was never off. I have a wooden grip with a rubber insert. The rubber is coming loose and when I was aware of it when shooting I was on target. It is hardly noticable but just enough tuning on the ol girl to get the confidance back. As for the bisquit it is still in good shape so no problem there. I do think however though I am going to a drop away next year after seeing the vid that Jer. had and my fletching getting torn up I am switching. Going out tonight with confidence. Thanks guys for the valuable info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users