22 replies to this topic

#16 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Just to let you know Jer, the user info area on the main HR site is not working either, we are in chat right now and the chatroom info area says zero users, I went in said hello just to make sure we were not frooze out and we are able to post, so just another clue maybe as to the issue.
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#17 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

Just to let you know Jer, the user info area on the main HR site is not working either, we are in chat right now and the chatroom info area says zero users, I went in said hello just to make sure we were not frooze out and we are able to post, so just another clue maybe as to the issue.

When I reinstalled the whole thing from scratch this morning I just forgot to update the link to the file that controls that feature. It's been fixed.

Only question is... have you experienced a time out (or, as you all call it, a "freeze up") tonight?

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#18 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:06 AM

All of us in the campfire got froze out last night, Jer. It didn't matter whether we were in the lobby or the campfire.

#19 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

Jer, we tried what you suggested and moved into different rooms. But the same thing happened to me. I would type and not see my comments then it would say I logged out but could still type. So it is the same problems in each of the rooms. The problem doesn't start till you have been logged in for a few minutes. So last night I would go in one room and then return back to the room we were in and was able to see comments again, but after a couple of minutes it was back to the same thing. Hope this helps out some.

turbo

#20 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

So, it's pretty clear going back a version didn't help from what I witnessed tonight.

Hmm...

sig_admin.png

#21 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

Any more ideas Jer and how to fix the issues? We are still dealling with the same issues and it seems to be getting worse, last night 2 members that came in could not even send one message before being froze out and then they could not get back in at all. Thanks for all your efforts, oh another thought, would you consider upgrading to the new version again, at least then we don't loose all the previous conversations when we experience a freeze. Thanks
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

#22 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

A member of the peer-to-peer support forum at the pro chat rooms web site has suggested a possible solution. A fresh install of version 4.0.0 with this "fix" in place has been installed today.

Keep fingers crossed...

sig_admin.png

#23 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

We are going to try to move in another direction.
Click Here

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users