18 replies to this topic

#16 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

Yep I wish I had the finances to whitetiger to take some great trips like that. Great hunt guys congrats.

Steve

#17 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

just for future reference, 2000 mile round trip was $355 for gas split between 2 guys, used premium at about 3.20 a gallon avg. Boars were $675 plus Tn tax., included meals and lodgeing for 3 days/nights. Processing was on site, included gutting,skining, cut up and vacuumed sealed and froze= $110. Obviously, one can buy pork a heck of a lot cheaper,however, for me, I always figured that whether I die rich or poor, I still end up dead. :D Have fun cause the clock is a ticking

#18 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

Congrats to all. Sounds like you all had a great time and the stories were great. I would like to make it down there one year to hunt with you all.

turbo

#19 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

just for future reference, 2000 mile round trip was $355 for gas split between 2 guys, used premium at about 3.20 a gallon avg. Boars were $675 plus Tn tax., included meals and lodgeing for 3 days/nights. Processing was on site, included gutting,skining, cut up and vacuumed sealed and froze= $110. Obviously, one can buy pork a heck of a lot cheaper,however, for me, I always figured that whether I die rich or poor, I still end up dead. :D Have fun cause the clock is a ticking

We are planning our next Wilderness Lodge get together in January 2010. If you simply can afford putting $20 a week aside and share/split the driving cost then a boar hunt might be in your future.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users