1 reply to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Well gang Im back from getting married. I havent had the chance to roost any birds and finally got to go on a turkey hunt at the local game lands that are heavily pressured on saturday. I moved about from field field thru the day were I've seen them last year with out any sign of them. finally at 11:30am (quitting time in pa is noon.) I locate 2 toms and their henned up with 4 hens. Im at a field edge and on the far side of my field is a dirt road (yes I was over 150 yrds) and on the other side is another field which is private property. for 30 min I tried everything and couldnt get either tom to cross the road. They'd strut but thats all. maybe I should have let a chicken show them how its done but It was at home in the freezer where the turkey should have been.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

WT never fear as the season goes on there are less and less hens to contend with. I think around here they are already nesting as all we saw Saturday was gobblers. Of course the woods are greening up making spotting the birds a bit tougher.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users