New Arrows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

well all, after exploding an older arrow on the "robo deer" at the archery tourney this weekend, i have decided it is time to get some more, gonna stop by Gander this evening and get a dozen made up... they'll be my typical Gold Tips, but this time i think i am going with XT hunters rather than my usual expedition, see if i can add just a hair more accuracy to my shooting, getting better everytime i go out, so, i think a little mechanical help might be nice, also thinking about picking up a new 2 strand peep to offset the glare i get from my 3 strand...
Semper Fi

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

What fletching are you putting on? What type of offset or heltical do you use?

I like the Gold Tip arrow line and XT are well made - good luck with them.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

Rowdy, i'm going with the 3" blazers, no sense in messing up a good thing LOL all i'm really changing is the grade of the shaft, which if anything, is gonna help more than anything.. they're now gonna be:
29" Gold Tip XT hunters, with 3" blazer vanes set to a 6degree offset, the only other thing i'm changing is the vane color... instead of my usual orange and yellow, this batch is green and yellow... gotta wait til tomorrow to pick them up because the best guy at fletching wasn't there today... they're prolly just going in the case until i have to take them out, but hey, i'll have 12 brand new arrows in reserve for when i bust the ones i currently have

I also looked at the Diamond bows, and shot 2 of them, along with the Bear Element, i'm sorry to say i was disappointed with the Element, it felt like it had way too much shock, atleast 3 times as much as my current Bear/Buckmasters bow, both of the Diamond bows shot excellent... the guy behind the counter let me shoot his liberty at 15 yards 1st shot i was inside the white on a single spot, 2nd shot, i nailed the x... i was smooth shooting, fast, deadly accurate, balanced, and above all quiet... i also shot the triumph, it was equally impressive, if i get approved for the credit, i may be getting the triumph and equipping it out right while i'm still in the store, with the credit card i applied for today, i get a 10% discount on my 1st purchase at Gander Mountain with that card, and then 5% back on any future purchases... not a bad deal.... if i spend $800 for the bow and accesories, i get $80 off of the price.. which will make it only $780.. it will take me a little while to pay off this bow, but when Christmas bonus time rolls around i should have it payed down enough to pay it off then. If i get it that is LOL and i'm gonna make sure i set it up so that i can shoot the arrows i already have out of it... so i'll probably sell my current bow to one of my buddies at work that has been hounding me about it since he shot it LOL
Semper Fi

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

I also looked at the Diamond bows, and shot 2 of them, along with the Bear Element, i'm sorry to say i was disappointed with the Element, it felt like it had way too much shock, atleast 3 times as much as my current Bear/Buckmasters bow,

Way to put my bow down lol. But since you are my freind, I forgive you B) :lol: :rofl:

Run
-Eric

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:04 AM

Terry are those the 2" Blazer vanes for broadheads? I don't think they make a 3" blazer. I have tried the blazer 2" and they do fly nice with a broadhead or target point.

Terry I too have checked out the Diamond/Bowtech bows and they make a very nice line of bows and sound dampening accessories. I am impressed with them. Your going to be very happy with that new bow. :yes:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 19 May 2006 - 09:22 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

Eric i don't mean to put down your bow, but i just didn't like the way the one i shot did infact shoot, it may also have something to do with the #age, your bow is set to a lower #age than the one i shot, so it's naturally gonna have less shock and vibration LOL once again sorry bubba.

Rowdy, that's probably it, LOL on the Gold Tip website they only offer 3" so that's the # i used got them today, and they're looking sharp ;)
Semper Fi

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Eric i don't mean to put down your bow, but i just didn't like the way the one i shot did infact shoot, it may also have something to do with the #age, your bow is set to a lower #age than the one i shot, so it's naturally gonna have less shock and vibration LOL once again sorry bubba.

Dont worry about it. Fun toys like that were meant to be talked about ;)

Run
-Eric

#8 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

The Diamonds are a sweet bow line by Bowtech But your math is all wrong sorry 800-80=720 not 780.... Just picking on ya Sorry

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:13 PM

Jim no offense taken if you can't pick at a fellow archer who can you pick at? LOL but my mathematical blunder should show you just how irritating the past few days at work have been for me :lol: Summer is our busy season (ground is thawed, so people can start digging up pipes to connect, branch, or repair them.) and the receiving department has been swamped, we're running out of just about everything, and having to back order ALOT of stuff.. right now we have as much stuff on back order as we shipped out in December... and December was a $2.2millionish month.... this month we've shipped that much plus half, and got as much on back order, and coming down the pipe..... BIG month :lol:
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users