5 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

Posted Image

This is what I was up to today. I had to run to the big city for a number of things, so I grabbed up my Knight Disc, the Millet 3-9x40 Silver Buck Scope I changed off the White rife, weaver bases #415, and some Warne QD rings, and visited my friend the gun smith.

That Millet scope is very clear and has good eye releif (3.8 inches I believe) and really makes that rifle. Plus with the quick release rings it makes it easier to clean and I can still shoot the iron sights. This Knight really shoots Shockwaves well. Now with the range finally done, I want to see how accurate I can get that rifle. I still have some Pyrodex Pellets to shoot and might see if it likes them as well..

Looks pretty sharp I think..

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:40 AM

You think right, Cayugad. Pretty nice set up ya got there. :yes:

#3 MN BP HUNTER

MN BP HUNTER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

NICE LOOKING GUN CAYUGAD YOU MITE HAVE TO USE THAT ONE FOR
DEER HUNTTING THIS YEAR. THAT RASES A QUSTION WITH SO MANY GUNS HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH GUN TO USE ? YOU WILL HAVE TO POST SOME PIC's
OF WHAT THAT KNIGHT DOES WITH THE MILLET ON TOP :yes:
SHOW SOME AT 100 YRDS :boone: THAT WOULD BE COOL B)

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:00 AM

One thing I do know he can't take em all. Guess he has to make a choice at sometime and then try to remember what that one shoots best. I only have a handfull and have to write down all that I have done with each. I can only imagine Cayugads mental gymnastics trying to keep all the info he has amassed on each rifle.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:37 PM

each rifle has its own log book. When I shoot, I photo the group and add that to the computer log book. Then I can look up any rifle, and see what groups do what in the rifle and how much powder, etc..

my mind could never hold all that stuff.. :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

Cayugad know what you mean my mind can hold it all but it soon starts to drop a little here and there. My dad always said he had a great memory but it was too short. :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users