Stupid...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

After I got done shooting my practice broadhead today, I decided to shoot a couple field points. I decided to take a couple shots with my quiver on, because I don't think I've ever shot my Switchback with my quiver on. For some reason I shot at the same spot...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one was much more impressive than my first one. I didn't take the "target picture" because the 2nd arrow actually hit and bounced back out. I shot the second arrow, saw and heard the terrible smack and saw the second arrow bounce right back out of the target.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

OMG and they were the Pro series too, dang expensive shafts. I love my Switchback and I guess you do too. Good shootin!
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

I planned on trying a different arrow next year anyway, something about 400-415 grains. But with the wrap and everything else, that was probably close to a $20 "mistake". :curse:

I can only assume that is what it would have looked like in the top picture, as the second arrow did fly back out. My first RH only went in about 6" and stuck (both GT Pro's also). I should have taken a better picture of the split shaft. It is broken into 4 or 5 "petals".

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

a mistake but one you still can brag about :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

a mistake but one you still can brag about :)

Now that's something Forest Gump's mom might have said, "A stupid mistake might be one to be proud of!"

Chrud I'd be proud of it but it still hurts my wallet to see it. :peace:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

ahhh he's an accountant, he'll find a way to make it a tax deduction, turn it into a depreciation followed by a journal entry that makes it an assest followed by selling it on craigs list and turning a profit. when'' he's all said and done I bet he buys a new bow with the profits :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

ahhh he's an accountant, he'll find a way to make it a tax deduction, turn it into a depreciation followed by a journal entry that makes it an assest followed by selling it on craigs list and turning a profit. when'' he's all said and done I bet he buys a new bow with the profits :)

That would make it amazing shooting. Just in time because Mathews should be coming out with their new line up any day now too.

#8 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

You know me too well. :D

#9 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

I saw that Robin Hood shot performed on American Shooter "Impossible Shots" last night.

They had the arrow framed.

WOW! Posted Image
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#10 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Like Coal said, I would get that thing framed and hang it on the wall. Darn nice shootin' Chrud!!!!!! And what's twenty bucks these days anyway? A few gallons of gas?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#11 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

It'll be on the wall, but not framed. If the second arrow would have "stuck" in the first arrow, I would make a frame for it.

I did see Byron's robin hood on "Impossible Shots" the other night. This is the second time I've done this, so it is kind of a pat of the back since Byron kept calling it the most difficult shot in archery. But, according to him this was an accident! :blush: :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users