Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

me too/alsoPosted Image

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Im going to the polls on my way home from work at 4:30!

#4 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

Going to the polls as soon as the wife gets home.

turbo

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

Just received this in a email.

Lord Help Us!

God Bless America

DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ALIKE -READ THIS INFORMATION - - - - IT EFFECTS US AS A NATION, AND ESPECIALLY OUR FREEDOM AS WE KNOW IT TODAY - - - - PLEASE PASS THIS ON - - - - OUR TIME IS SHORT. THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM "MEET THE PRESS" THIS LAST SUNDAY. THIS NEEDS TO GET FORWARDED TO ALL THE CITIZENS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY FAST!
Read it well!

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised 'Meet The Press' and the author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!!

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains National Anthem Stance Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'

Senator Obama Live on Sunday stated:

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a state or period of mutual concord between our governments. When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been
at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'. Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put aside my hatred. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America .'

WHAAAAAAAT the H___l !!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This could possibly be our next President.
I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg ,

Washington Post

Paul and Judy

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

I voted and will be awaiting to see which party makes history tonight. They both are holding new history making candidates for the U.S.

I for one will be glad to see all the crap negative mailing stop, poor campaigning TV ads and all the political robo phones messages (20 in a day on my home answering machine recorder and more that we answered like fouls). Most of this stuff is pure waste and disgusting to think some folks believed some this tripe.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 November 2008 - 03:52 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

I voted and will be awaiting to see which party makes history tonight. They both are holding new history making candidates for the U.S.

I for one will be glad to see all the crap negative mailing stop, poor campaigning TV ads and all the political robo phones messages (20 in a day on my home answering machine recorder and more that we answered like fouls). Most of this stuff is pure waste and disgusting to think some folks believed some this tripe.

I hear you Rowdy. The phone is ringing. The mailbox is full. Here they are even going DOOR TO DOOR! UNBELIEVABLE!

It's not both candidates. It's only one. I'm sure we can all guess which one <_<

I'm sickened by the onesidedness of it.
Posted Image

#8 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

I voted too! At school today we had a mock election. It was pretty close with Obama winning by only about 10 votes. I was pretty surprised that is was that close.
-Eric

#9 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

I voted straight Republican ticket at about 11:15 AM this morning. I was #57 in the town of Harrison in Wisconsin. In and out in about 5 minutes. A minute or two to sign in, press the Republican button on the electronic voting machine and the rest of the time talking to the folks working at the town hall.

#10 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

I voted at 2:30 this afternoon. We have about 1000 eligible voters in our precinct and I was #444. I even took my 90 yr old mother to vote this year. No line at that time. infact the ladies working there said things were pretty light. Of course when I went in I told the ladies to look sharp as three busses just pulled in behind me. They all laughed and told me to get in there and vote. Oh after two elections with the electronic machines we are back to paper ballots which are scanned by a machine. My 90 yr old mom was happy because she just could not figure out the machine.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#11 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

I voted right at 7:00am today and I was #3. I love the number 3. :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Well, Obama won. Be afraid, be very afraid. I hope I'm wrong but I think that this country hasn't begun to see the kind of troubles as those that lay ahead. His patriotism is highly doubtful and he lacks exsperience at a time that we can't afford on the job training. Also, take a good look at your guns, we may not have them for long. I have friends in Canada that want to come visit me but it may just be the other way around and the trip may just be one way! On second thought, since all the Mexicans are coming here, maybe we should all move there! :(

Edited by Spirithawk, 04 November 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#13 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Its official, we're all screwed. Im sure 70% of his votes were received based on race rather then merit. The ghetto got up & voted (yeah!!) but they dont know what they voted for (Boo!) --other then for a brotha instead of some ole white guy.

Edited by Whitetiger, 04 November 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#14 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

Tell me I'm wrong but this is how I see it. If you voted for Obama you sure didn't do it because he has exsperience in government, because it's a fact he has very little. You didn't vote for him because of his leadership skills, he doesn't have any. You didn't vote for him because he's a great patriot. His patriatism has been questioned from day one. Not because of rumors but because of his own words, his own record, actions, friends and associates, as well as those of his family. No, you voted for him because you are desperate for change and you liked and bought what he had to say. He told you what you wanted to hear and smiled as he did so. The perfect scenario of victom and con-artist. You thought McCain was another Bush so rather than accept a given you rolled the dice and took a chance with a highly unknown. I just pray you were right, because if not, you didn't just make victoms of yourselves....you made victoms of us all. Time will tell who's right and I have a feeling we won't have to wait long to find out. I'll bet the terorists are partying big time at the news.

Edited by Spirithawk, 04 November 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#15 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

Rural PA voted in favor of McCain....Philadelphia was a landslide for Obama....Bible believeing Christians better get on their knees to weep alongside Israel and for the unborn. I'm holding onto the verse........"and this to shall come to pass"....may God have mercy on America.

Edited by Phil, 05 November 2008 - 05:36 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users