How Obama Got Elected

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Show me another site that wouldn't have just nuked this topic completely. ;)

I think we have always done a good job of sharing differing viewpoints with nobody getting so bent out of shape over it that they have a meltdown. Let's keep that up. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

If I hadn't thought we could handle it like adults I'd never have started this thread. :D Having said that, would you guys keep your voices down, it's time for my nap. ;) :lol:

#18 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

I wasn't real happy with McCain being the Republican nominee. I voted for Mike Huckabee in the primary, as did most of the republican voters in this area. Unfortunately, Milwaukee and Madison decides the outcome of Wisconsin's votes, not the rural areas "up north" in the state. I wish Huckabee would have been the Republican nominee. However, I think the difference in electoral votes would have been even greater had Mike been running.

I really liked Jeremiah's first reply...

I thought you were going to say that a bunch of people got together and voted based upon the color of a person's skin rather than the content of their character.

I think Obama's race, along with the liberal media had a huge impact on the outcome of the election.

I didn't follow politics much until probably 1998 or 1999. So, I never experienced the policies of a democratic president. But, based on my beliefs and what I've been reading about Obama, it sure sounds like this will be a rough four years.

#19 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

Here is one of the confused many. :stir: :P

#20 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

I'm Done, Bye!!!!!
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#21 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

All I have to say is that I am sure glad that my KING is not up for re-election every 4 years. HE is on the throne for eternity. It is HE I ultimitly serve and whom ever is in the white house is HIS pawn for HIS purpose. What I see form all this is the church possibly goiing through the fire and all the chaff being burned so that when CHRIST returns HIS church will be HOLY!!!!!!!!! I voted Biblically. GOD sees the whole picture as HE is above this maze we call home for now. We are just a bunch of rats running in the maze looking for our piece of cheese. It is the few of us that have chosen to follow HIM and be directed by HIM so that we don't have to continually run into dead ends while searching for that cheese. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!! and by the way Obama was born in Africa as his grand-mother over there has stated that fact. There is an outstanding law suit over this issue but of course it has been washed under the table and kept from the media.

Steve

#22 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Here is one of the confused many. :stir: :P

I saw that earlier today on another forum.

Equally hilarious and utterly sad.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#23 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

and I thought everyone was voting for the "underdog" like in football games you know someone wont win but you root for them anyways well guess what guys it backfired this time so the laugh is on us
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#24 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

Americans think the right guy won.

Some got the guy they wanted, being the right guy had nothing to do with it...

Edited by Monk, 06 November 2008 - 12:00 PM.

"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#25 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

Some got the guy they wanted, being the right guy had nothing to do with it...

Exactly right monk. Americans (as a whole) did not think the right guy won. Only just over half did. JUST over half. Despite Oprah's emotional waxing to the oposite, America is NOT united. American DEMOCRATS are united and they are running as far left as they can, as fast as they possibly can. America is still a nation deeply divided along moral, ethical and political lines.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#26 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:03 AM

In 2004, Bush beat Kerry by 3 million votes, in 2000, Gore slightly edged Bush in the popular vote column, each had about 50 million votes. Gaining slightly over half the vote and winning is common and ordinary. 95% of black voters voted for Obama. Nothing really unusual there, as it is common and ordinary for 90%+ of the black vote to go to any democrat in any election. Hispanics are now the largest minority group in america, and traditionally, they too also vote democrat. One can try to run and hide on Waltons Mountain, but when you get there, you may find that the Waltons don't live there anymore, The Hernandez family does. Money. The Dems had tons to spend this year, and they did. The primary battle between Obama and Hillary excited and energized the voters. Slumping House sales, gas prices and the stock market played into Obamas hands. A vote for him was more like a vote against Bush. John McCain is a great man, a war hero. But guess what, to most under the age of 50, Viet Nam isn't "their" war.Age was a factor, so was the V.P. choice. Forget the Presidential race, look at the Senate races, Republicans are getting waxed, Dems are very near complete control. So, the multi million dollar question might be not how Obama won, but rather, What has happened to the republican Party? Too conservative or not enough? Chrismatic Leaders or lack thereof, ignoring the minority votes. I spent the summer/ fall as a volunteer for McCain {hence the lack of fishing pics, no bowhunting either yet} door to door and yes , I was also one of the dreaded callers, but I got a chance to talk to people. And even though, the National convention was held here, and we do have a republican Gov, this is still a hardcore blue state, home of Humphrey/Mondale. Republican leadership needs to act fast and chart a new course

#27 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

On Larry King Live, I was saddened to watch the clips of overjoyed voters cheering in the pews of Martin Luther King son's church as the results rolled in proving that it really was an election based on race over bibical truths. Just Obama's Pro-Abortion voting & horrific partial birth abortion bill introduction record alone should have crushed any support from all Christian & Catholic voters....regardless of race !
Ironically, years ago Dr. King was asked what was one his greatest dissappointments as a civil rights leader....he responded that he felt that the Christian churches had abandoned him in his time of need. I truly wonder how Jesus felt as the polls closed Tuesday.

I don't believe I'm wrong or overeacting to say..." May God have mercy on our country"...we sure don't deserve His favor and all the nay sayers will find that the rain falls on both the unjust and the just alike.
Posted Image

#28 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

He was very good at making promises, to gain votes, but promises are no more than empty words blowing on the wind unless they are kept. From what I've seen so far, his past actions don't measure up to who he'd like us to believe he is. If I could say just one thing to him it would be, "Prove me wrong!"

#29 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

All I can say to that Norm is, Yes Sir !!!!!! :clap:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#30 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

:clap: :clap: well americans you should be most pleased ,you may now get an extra dollar or two in your greety wallets which is about all anyone cares about anyway....bottom line ,we may pull out of a war torn country and leave a job undone,we may disarm law abiding citizens,and destroy the lives of unborn children,but look at it this way if the children are aborted,they wont grow up to ride in grandpas motor boat or drive a car....so global warming is cured. i would say the right choice was made.....bull :curse:
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users