33 replies to this topic

#31 Falcon

Falcon

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

Been a Republican for 50 years and during that time the party never ran a candidate so controversial as McCain. McCain acted too much like a liberal Democrat to suit a lot of Republicans. So they sat the election out at home.

McCain sponsored the Kennedy-McCain amnesty for illegal aliens bill, The McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform bill and McCain-Lieberman gun show "loophole" bill that would have closed all gun shows. Then he expected conservative Republicans to rally around him because he was the lesser of two evils.

In a word, McCain was not electable. I voted for Palin as did a lot of Republicans I know.

#32 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Been a Republican for 50 years and during that time the party never ran a candidate so controversial as McCain.......

I think Goldwater takes the cake in being the most controversial in the last 50 years, pro-abortion, (board settings block the correct spelling) Gaaay rights, and the role of religion on public life. He was also an opponent on the civil rights movement. He only won his home state AZ and a few southern states (possibly for his civil rights stance). It's a shame PA's own Bill Scranton didn't win the Republican endorsement, but he only decided to run 6 weeks before the '64 Rep. convention only because he didn't like the direction the republican party was heading with the possibility of Goldwater winning.

Posted Image

Edited by Whistle Pig, 20 November 2008 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

#33 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Obama came on the radio the other day (local radio station reporting what was said in an interview). Obama actually blamed the American farmer and rancher for the high rate of diabetes and obesity in the US. People, we are creating better crops and leaner beef than ever before. This kind of logic scares me.....heaven forbid we take some personal accountability and tell people to push their fat selves away from the buffet before blaming everyone else. I am not skinny, but I am not going to blame the cow for me eating too much.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#34 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

Pure and simple two things got Obama elected. Stupidy and racism. If I have to explain it to you , you won't believe me anyway but of all the people that I really know the ones who did vote for Obama have no knowedge of who he is where he came from or what he has done. Point blank. At least I have the peace of mind that this State voted for McCain and kept who will be the most powerfull Republican in office in a hard fought battle. Go Mitch McConnel, Senate Minority Leader.
MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users