8 replies to this topic

#1 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well Nov. 1st was the start of our Muzzeloader hunt for deer and Bill 7 pointbuck made his yearly trip to Tennessee to hunt at my farm and to fill the freezer. We call this operation if it is brown it is down. The first morning Bill had a deer walk all around him but he never could see it, He was on a stand near a Food Plot that had about a dozen scrapes around it. About 7:30 a nice plump 5 pointer came by my stand and stuck his nose in some doe in heat and the smoke pole barked. :)- :)- This put the first deer in the cooler, It ran to the bottom of a hollow and three hours later we got it to the truck. The next morning I put Bill in a new stand that had only been hunted twice. About 7:30 Boom at 7:33 Boom, I stood up thinking some deer might come my way if he missed after about five minutes I sit back down in the stand and looked over my left shoulder and there stood another buck. Boom and another buck down the second in two days. :o) :o) After about thirty minutes I heard Bill yell and I climbed down and went over and he had two does down, One had ran to the truck and fell dead beside it, The other though back in the bottom of the hollow, along with my second buck. Four hours later all were loaded and headed for the skinning tree. We had a great time and Bill left with Four Deer for his family. Till next time :D
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Congratulations!!! Now the work starts. :D

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Congratulations to you guys. Good shooting.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:56 AM

You know Mike, A Tennesee hunt would fit nicely before the Mn gun opener{this weekend} and the Wisconsin opener{Sat before Thanksgiving} Now if only I had a place to hunt.... :)-

#5 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

here are the pics......just got done grinding them all into burger....whew im tired!! :boone: Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by 7pointbuck, 08 November 2008 - 09:31 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Congratulations on the truck load of venison.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

Boy you guys look like a pair of pleased hunters. Congrats! I'd love to Muzzy bark with you guys!
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

Congrats on the deer! It sure was nice of that one to deliver itself to your pickup. :blush: And I thought that that sulfer smell in the air was from my pickled eggs! Way to go guys! :clap:

#9 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Way to go you 2. Put em down is right. I have yet to connect with the muzzy here but still trying. Did you say you ground all that up into burger? WOW that is a lot of work.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users