• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

I'll admit that that recent events in the USA have left me shaken as to the gravity of moral views throughout "Christian" populations across this land. I feel as sickened about this as I did the events on 9-11. The Pope's plea for Catholic voters to vote against abortion should have given pro-life canidates landslide victories in many cruical states(every state really)like PA that claims 1/3 of its registered voters to be of this faith....let's not exempt all the other mainline/charismatic/pentecostal/& non-denominational church based voters that swell the voters on the side of family values to juggernaut proportions. I DON'T GET IT ???
While in prayer this morning the Holy Spirit asked me this question....how is Abortion and the sudden resurfacing of Embrionic stem cell research in headlines any different then Hitler's Holocaust & Joesph Mendel's surgical experiments during WWII ....at least in God's perfect judgement?
If there is any scripture that justifies what we've done as a nation....please share it with me. Not some obscure verse but something of sound doctrine that can be comfirmed in at least two other places of biblical scripture.....because my heart's embraced Jesus' admonition of His disciples for hindering the little children from reaching Him. Jesus claims that little children are the closest to God and that their angels always see his face.(these passages come from the book of Matthew). I suppose this post could blacklist me (not here at HR) in the future but I feel the need to be brave enough to take a stand for my faith regardless of the consequences. May God show us mercy. - Phil

Edited by Phil, 12 November 2008 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

Not all stem cell research is the "axis" of evil. Some stem cells can be collected from umbilical blood at the birth of a child. This harms no one.

As far as laws vs morality goes this is much harder. In this case it's a choice up to the individual not a mandate. Ultimately legality versus morality will be decided by only one final judge.
Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

I know you did a good job of keeping the post vague and given the subject matter that was quite wise. But, hey, I'll just say it... There seems to be a growing number of people in the U.S. who do not care if their "political views" and "religious views" are inline. I just don't gather that the average voter even bothers to pray for guidance in whom to vote for, let alone actually sit down and take a look at past voting records or stances. (VoteSmart.org or OnTheIssues.org are just two sites I've found that can really help in gathering that information, by the way.)

Concerning the Presidential election, I keep hearing "How could anyone who is a Christian vote for Barack Obama?"
My Answer: Honestly, I do not know. If anyone can explain it to me calmly, rationally, and as Phil points out, with any sound Scriptural basis, I am all ears (or eyes, in this case).

Based upon Barack Obama's voting record as a U.S. Senator, I just can not see it. Partial birth abortion was just outlawed under the Bush administration. Barack Obama voted in favor of partial birth abortion as a senator and evaded questions of when he felt life began during his run for the Presidency. It does not take a rocket scientist to see where his mind is on that issue. Barack Obama will be appointing a Supreme Court Justice during his term. Right now, the court sits at, basically, 5 conservative and 4 liberal judges. Obama will surely appoint a liberal judge inline with his views. Conceivably, the partial birth abortion ban is lifted as a result. (Likely the Clinton "assault weapons" ban to be reinstated as well as the recent judgment that Washington D.C. residents may carry firearms as that only passed by, you guessed it, 5 votes to 4 in the Supreme Court.)

It's amazing that a lot of what we face in this nation has been summed up in a bumper sticker...

Total U.S. Deaths to War All Time: ~700,000
Total Abortions Since 1973: ~40,000,000
(Who knows how many abortions were performed before it became legal in '73 either.)

Most liberally-minded individuals I have met are all for the "right to choose", yet against war for any cause though. :wacko:
Amazing.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

I hope and pray that God has not given up on us as a country. I just watched today a group (read rabble) that were very vocal against Californias proposition 8 being passed to deny ###### marriages. They confronted an elderly lady who was holding a cross. They vocally bullied her and in the melee her cross was dropped. The bullies then purposely stepped on the cross. About the only thing that comes to mind is that those in the darkness love the darkness and hate the light. Without God in the schools for so long several generations don't even get a bible reading or time to pray each day as it used to be.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

Interestingly enough,
On this morning's news the Catholic Arch Bishop in the Srcaton area made it known that he'll refuse to serve communion to Sen. Joe Biden when he visits his hometown...because of his pro-choice alliance. The Bishop aslo encouraged local priests to refuse communion to any elected canidates who have a pro-choice voting record. We'll see if the separation of church & state isn't trampled on by national news coverage. Kudos to the man for standing up for his beliefs ! :clap:
Posted Image

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

It's sad that "In God We Trust" has lost it's meaning for so many. We are being governed by a bunch of hipocrits. I'm like Jerimiah. People need to quit voting for candidates because of what they say they'll do and vote for them because of what they've actually done. I firmly believe there should be a place on the ballots where you can check saying, " None of these. Bring us some more!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users