• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

I am in favor of using some sort of shooting support. I have used a Harris bipod and a set of homemade shooting sticks. Both have their advanteges and disadvanteges. Was wondering what you guys use and why do you like it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

I use the Harris bipods. I like the convenience of having it mounted permanantly on the forearm if needed for a good rest from the prone position for a looooooong shot. Also handy if I go to the range and happen to forget my rests.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Jason uses a bipod but is looking to get one a bit longer. I myself usualy shoot from a sitting position and rest my elbows on my knees. Makes for a much steadier shot than no rest at all. No matter what you use, having a steady rest can mean the differance between some tasty venison or tag soup. :D

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

I have a couple of the Harris bi pods and love the shorter ones...
my taller set just doesnt seem to give the same support. ( then again I'm talking driving tacks ) for hunting they work fine.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

I always rant about carryin/holdin my own rifle, but with my .223 and the LRH rifle I been working up lately I really need to try a Harris bipod. Not sure whether the Harris 9-13 or 13.5 -23" is the right length for me, but I guess I'll work that out. My hope is to find one that will work good on both rifles and then I can just swap it back and forth. My friend in Gysum has a 13.5 -27 on his Mod 70 Coyote and after shooting it last yr I kind of thought the longest one was unstable. I see Harris also has one that pivots a bit at the attachment point, but that
seems to defeat the bipod purpose.

Here's a link to some: http://www.midwayusa...ng?brandid=1167

Good luck.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users