24 replies to this topic

#16 Melody $

Melody $

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Long freezing cold nights sitting absolutely still - you bet I dress for comfort! We thought about modifying sleeping bags for extra warmth in the ground blinds (pile of branches) but they would slow us down too much when Mr. Black Bear decided to check out the wounded rabbit for a midnight snack. By the way, after flirting with frostbite on too many occasions, I have slowed way down on my late night 'yote forays.

Oh, and my laptop won't pickup the wireless this morning, so I'm using Melody's notebook.

Ha ha, made ya look! :D

Edited by Melody $, 18 November 2008 - 09:39 AM.

Eat It Before It Eats You!

American Culinary Federation Certified Executive Chef

#17 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Well I was doing some christmas shopping and just happened to be at Bass Pro ...so I wandered upstairs and asked about the rem vtr...guy looks at me and says you're kidding right? Hmm no why. turns and looks at the guy next to him. Then says...it isn't even in our system yet. We've had so many guys coming in wanting that model. price doesn't matter to them. must be the hottest thing out there right now.

well I wasn't gonna drag the wife down to sportsmans ( I wanted to stay married )
but I'll hopefully find one to check out soon :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#18 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

Well I made my choice. Went to Sportsmans today, looked at the limited selection of 223 they had, and after holding diffrent ones in my hand....I put the Rem back. I went with a ruger M77 sporters. lam stock stainless bull barrel. sweet looking gun....

when I went to fill out my appliction and they had to do the back ground check, what normaly takes 10-15 mins. over 4 hours. there were 336 people waiting for approval at 4 in the afternoon.

so I'll prob run into town tomorrow and pick it up. :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#19 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:59 AM

Nice gun McBruce Hope you enjoy it. I have an Ruger M77 that was made in1976 its a 220Swift and has the Varmint barrel.
MR300WM

#20 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hey my Colorado milk dud buddy. I do not own a ruger 77 but have used one in 257 rbts. It is a very good shooting rifle. If yours shoots as well as the one I used it will be a tack driver.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#21 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

there she is.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#22 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

Nice looking rifle. Have you shot it yet? Come on spill the beans.
MR300WM

Edited by Joe, 25 December 2008 - 10:35 AM.

MR300WM

#23 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

actually no not yet....planning on sighting it on this coming tuesday. got an invite to the long range :) and weather hasn't been great for shooting. hopefully tue will tell :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#24 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:41 PM

actually no not yet....planning on sighting it on this coming tuesday. got an invite to the long range :) and weather hasn't been great for shooting. hopefully tue will tell :)

Ut oh Bubba, I'm heading your way this weekend (need some work done on the BV house). You and I might hafta play. Good choice on th ebolt action. I have a mini and although they are fun to shoot, they lack accuracy when they heat up. I will call you. :boone:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#25 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

so we sit up on a draw and I start calling. Wasn't 10 mins. using the primos growler.

The growler is a deer buck call maybe the howler by Randy Anderson, that and the hot dog and ki yi are great little pocket calls.

Nice looking Ruger! Ought to do some reaching out there and touching those dogs into the next world, go have some fun with it and share the pictures. :peace:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users