• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

Sometime back I had a connection problem and after I restored the defaults I have had problems with the my home page setting. I have went to tools then Internet options and changed the home page and clicked apply then ok and after closing the window it automatically changes my home page back to gatewaybizcom.
What is the cure for my problem.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Let's start with the obvious. Does your computer have multiple user accounts? Is there any chance you've only changed it on one account instead of for all users?

Beyond that, from what I've read, it could be anything from a virus to a software conflict.

I'd run through this and see what turns up. If you're clean then you can start looking in on programs. One user report I read said that disabling/uninstalling Webroot Spysweeper resolved his issue. (So, if you have that installed it may be the issue. Or, it could be something else.)

Last resort, install a new web browser. If you aren't already using Firefox with the ieTab plugin, then you're missing out anyway. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

Jer I did find out Norton had a block in there "browser protection". Now I wish I knew how to disable it. What would it do if I clicked on clear category or disable logging.
I'm so tech illiterate.
Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Robert,

You may want to follow this link. It deals with Norton browser protection howtos.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Jer there is great and there are freinds you have never met, your the best :clap:
I can now change my home page without it changing its self and change it to what ever I want.

THANK YOU JER !!!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users