6 replies to this topic

#1 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

A bear on Pa. first day of bear season? Just wondered I didn't go.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

Whistle, Judd, & Rodney went.....no bear spotted but heard some shots in the distance. They have seen at least 4 different bucks running doe so at least they're being entertained.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

That is one of the few licenses I do not buy anymore. My nearby neighbor stopped by yestersday and said a big bear stopped by his house long enough to tear down his bird feeder.

Of course big is a perception by how close it is to you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

One of my Honda/Toyota customers got a 592lb male. It was the heaviest one weighed in by Tuesday at the Antes Fort check station.
Posted Image

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

One of my Honda/Toyota customers got a 592lb male.

:o WOW!!!!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

The largest Black bears in North America live here in North Central PA. We usually see about a dozen over 600 lbs killed each season with a few of those touching the 700lb. mark. The 2nd largest bear ever killed in USA/Canada was illegally killed a month after the season by a doctor & sons about 15 miles from my house some years back. The bear emerged during a Jan. thaw and was shot....then transported to WV where the season was still in. WV game wardens suspected foul play as this bear topped the exsisting state record by over 300 lbs. The bear weighed around 750lbs and officals felt it would have exceeded 800 lbs before going into hibernation. The skull missed breaking the world record by 3/16". You can see the full body mount at the Cabelas in Hamburg. This story is from memory as best as I can recall so an exact account would have to be researched....but we have mighty big bears here!!!
Posted Image

#7 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

We had 4 Bears Brought To My Place , Smallest was a Cub (go figure :curse: ) and the largest was about 330
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users