#1 WRBH

WRBH

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:hunting,trapping,fishing,camping and life in general

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

After hunting almost nonstop, and not being in here for a long time. I stopped in yesterday to say Hi, and took a doe last night. It wasn't the best shot I had made in the world. She came in without me seeing her, next thing I knew she was eating on the sweet patatos we had put out. I use an old rusty truck as a blind, and was unable to get a shot from where I was seated, so I had to slide all the way over to the right side and finally ended up climbing out the right door I had left open and shooting propped on the hood of the truck. By the time I slowly made it out and in position, she had started to leave and was quartering away alot more then she seemed thru the weeds. I ended up with the bullet about 2 inches behind the ribs, went thru the guts, liver and lungs, so she didn't make it far. Found her about 120 yards from where I shot her. Well should say Randy found her there. On the bad side I thought I had missed 2 shots I had made at a fawn about a week and a half ago. Looked for blood or any sign I had hit her for a few hours, couldn't find any. While trying to find doe I shot last night I found the fawn. She had only made it about 100 yards, but went in a direction I hadn't expected. It was the doe I took last nights fawn. Won't go to waste, going to use it as bait for the traps we are putting out today. When Mom went back to get my bags and such I had left in the truck when I went after doe, she was freaked when she heard a coyote over where we had field dressed the doe, it was doing the call in howl to bring the rest to the guts we had left behind so at least this year I know there are coyotes here. I also saw the most beautiful almost white very young coyotes a few weeks ago when I was hunting. Didn't know I could have shot it with my rifle while rifle is open, or would have. Hoping to trap it, was the most beautiful color. Okay here's a pic of my Doe. Randy brought over his deer cart, so I was even able to pull her in myself, here's her on the cart. She weighed about 150-160, was bigger then she looks here.

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

way to go Tina good job
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

Congrats Tina. :clap: Enjoy that venison. :D

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Congrats Tina on the nice doe!
-Eric

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Nice doe Tina!
Posted Image

#6 doog3

doog3

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

congrats tina well done

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

That will help fill the empty freezer. She looks like a trophy to me. The deer is pretty nice too. Lol.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

:bigthumb: Way to go Tina!

#9 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators