• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

I was talking to Dave Watson the other day (he was at Cabela's in Sidney, NE filming a show) and he wanted me to tell Jer and everyone hello and give his best. He said he was doing well and gave me his e-mail address so I could correspond with him. He also asked me to send him the address to HR so he could come on and speak with everyone. I am shooting him an e-mail tonight so hopefully he will drop by.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:05 AM

Good news to hear Whip. I hope Dave does stop by for a visit.
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

:yawn: :yawn: He's a pretty busy fellow and a nice guy. o:) I don't hold any grudges about his old web site shutting down and I almost forgot all about it till Whip posted this. Here's wishing Dave W. all the success in the coming year.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:05 AM

I know some still have hard feelings about what happened with the old site but I, for one, still consider Dave a dear friend. We all make mistakes and I'm not going to let one break up that friendship. When I won my hunt with Dave, him and his crew treated me like family. They even allowed Jason to tag along knowing how close we are together. I have many fond memories of Dave and always will. IMHO I'd be thrilled if he payed us a visit and saw first hand the awesome job that Jerimiah has done in keeping us together. :D

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

I've passed along our info a couple times, but you never know when an email gets through or not.

Dave is always welcome here.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

He e-mailed me back today. Seems like a really nice fellow. Hopefully he stops by the campfire.

Edited by Whip, 26 November 2008 - 04:39 PM.

Sean Whipple
PSE staff

#7 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

At the time I was new to the site, kinda felt like we got dumped so he can afford to do the african series but Im sure I didnt know enough to be right about it. Im not holding a grudge. He's welcome anytime in my neck of the woods. Hey theres a thought, he should do a bit on urban deer hunting.

#8 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Grudge? There was a grudge? No way Jose! Tell it ain't so Auntie Emm!

KE Ke ke!

Weren't no grudge here mes ombries! I just figr'd he moved onto new projects that left him little time to hang! Besides, I sypher'd we were in pretty good hand with Jer any who!

Dave welcome here? You betch'a! I still catch him on Cabela's Memories of the Hunt and hope he and his family are doing great!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#9 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

I'll have to man up about it i did hold a grudge. But after having time to think about it ..I put it all in the past
I Dave is a great guy doing what he loves.. I do hope he stops by to say hello..
Dennis Johnson

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#10 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Talked to Dave again today. He told me he signed here at HR and is now a member.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

Yes, he made it. But, being the archery-at-heart kind of guy that he is he was drawn to the bowhunting forum over the member's lounge. :doh2:
http://forums.huntin...?showtopic=5876

He told me to tell everyone he has to head to TX (he will have no Internet access) but will be back Friday.
I think we could try to organize a chat or something if folks would be interested.

sig_admin.png

#12 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

I think we could try to organize a chat or something if folks would be interested.

No offense meant here, because it's not like I drop into chat all that often anymore, but if we could get Faith Hill or Sarah Palin to join up, I might be more inclined to drop in :rolleyes: Actually though, my work schedule prevents me from being here in the evenings, so I prolly couldn't even make it if the Swedish Bikini team showed up :rofl:

#13 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

I have no disrespect for Dave but what keep me here when I first came to SOTH was mainly two fellows Pro Trukey Caller and XBow. Hi Jeremiah and Vic.
MR300WM

Edited by Joe, 02 December 2008 - 06:22 AM.

MR300WM

#14 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

You're far too kind, Joe.

Those were the days though, huh? :)

Heard from Vic about a month ago.

sig_admin.png

#15 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

It was fun not to many members then. I will always remember. How is Vic ? Did his feet ever get better"? I always want to know. I have seen your latest pictures and am very happy for you and wish you the best of luck.
MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users