17 replies to this topic

#16 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

I spend a lot of time browsing on Gun Broker and I've noticed the price of Encore barrels have come down considerably. Saw a 33 Win Mag go for $250. I'm thinking of getting another barrel for mine, just for the heck of it. Thinking about the 7mm Mag maybe. I'd like something that could pick up where the .270 leaves off in case I get the oportunity for Elk. But then a nice varmint caliber would be fun and might actualy get more use. I'd also love to have a 209 x .50 and a 12 ga barrel for it too. I love hunting with the Encore so much that it would be awesome to use it year round. Also, I have a question. Whats the differances between the Encore and the Contender?

Edited by Spirithawk, 27 June 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#17 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

Whats the differances between the Encore and the Contender?

There are a few differences. The G2 Contender has a little different stock (I don't think there is any checkering) and different "lines" on the receiver. The G2 Contender is also shorter and lighter. I think the G2's barrels are typically 24" where as the Encore Pro Hunter is 28" (although the original Encore is either 24" or 26", depending on the caliber). The G2 Contender can also be switched from centerfire to rimfire right out of the box. I'm sure there are a few more differences, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My next gun will be a T/C G2 Contender in .17 HMR with a black synthetic stock and stainless barrel. :peace:

Still undecided about a centerfire barrel for the Pro Hunter though. :doh2:

#18 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

Still undecided about a centerfire barrel for the Pro Hunter though. Posted Image
[/quote]

When you do decide to buy one be sure to check out GunBroker.com. They've had some really good buys on Encore barrels lately. You have to register with them to buy or sell but it's free. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users