#1 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hey ya folks,

I ran into Sean at a Cabela's store and he invited me to stop by. Then 'ol Woodsplitter sent me an e mail, as well. So I took a look. I think any website with Jerm at the helm must be a good one so I guess I'll pull up a chair a while.

So how's everyone's season? Mine, as usual, is off to a slow start. I did manage to put down my first moose though. Very cool! That will be episode 1 for the new season of Mathews TV.

Best,

Dave

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

I've only been out a few times. Had a 5 point dancing around me burying his nose into an estrus wick, but he was too small to shoot. Only deer I've seen! Oh well. Monday is firearm whitetail opener. Maybe one will fall to the .357.

Looking forward to the moose. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Welcome Dave! Nice to hear from you..
-Eric

#4 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for stopping by Dave. It was nice meeting you at Cabela's! My season has been going well. I was fortunate to take many species on my "to do list" and am looking forward to an even better year in 2009. Take care and keep in touch.
-Sean

Edited by Whip, 30 November 2008 - 07:43 PM.

Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Been a bit of a slow year here. Got a moose in Canada, no days of archery hunting due to the Canada trip. and Durring rifle season , I only saw 2 boys from PA for one day. And those boys are crazy. they were running down deer with their truck :)

gonna be doing some yote hunting soon :)

good to see ya again Dave.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hiya Dave great to see you made it..Well season started off slow for me as well but iwas able to take a nice 10 point buck at the fort knox quota hunts this yr..
I still have the kentucky muzzelloader week in dec. to fill another tag. and the freezer..
Dennis Johnson
AKA Woodsplitter

Edited by Dennis, 30 November 2008 - 10:05 PM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#7 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

Hi Di Ho Dave,

Good to hear from you. I've been watching you on Cabela's Memories in the Field. I just got WILD TV this year. I wasn't able to watch any of the american shows up until then and was on hunting show withdrawal for a few years, but things are doing just fine now. WILD TV is still lacking in some of the amarican programming, but what I get now sure fills the void.

Anyhow, I went on my annual bowhunting pilgrimage for moose again this year (I think that makes 26 years I've been able to make that trip to northern Ontario), but no shots fired. We didn't have a bull tag as the lottery system makes it harder to get a tag than it is to get the actual moose. I went anyhow with my son as we just love the week's holidays in the woods and we figured we could shoot a heap of grouse (which we did with our bows and shotgun), do some fishing and try and film some animals. Saw lots of fresh sign and had animals walking all around us, but no actual sightings.

I took a week off to chase whitetails over the past couple of weeks hoping to hit the peak rut, but last winter's kill in addition to increased coyote predation kept the numbers and sightings way down. My son and I managed a guided canada goose hunt last week and limited out in no time. The muzzleloading season opened today for deer, but my work had me scheduled for a 3 day national meeting, so I'm hoping to get out for at least this Friday if possible with a few friends.

Next year I'm hoping to be retired, so I guess I won't have any excuses not to go hunting for most of the fall with any luck.

Anyhow, good to hear from you and all the best for the holiday season for you and your family.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:08 PM

That's a tough business you're in Dave. Hope it hasn't spoiled the hunt for you.

Good luck.
Posted Image

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Howdy Dave.

My season well you might say I'm cursed to take a whitetail so I guess you'd say it's definitely been sooooooo but the fat lady hasn't begun to warm up yet. It isn't over yet! Just fun gettin out though in those woods and swopin huntin stories in deer camp.

Enjoyed the first season of Mathews TV programs and I'll be looking for the first episode.

Have you shot the the Mathews/McPherson Monster bows yet?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

Wow! How great to see so many old friends here.

Yes Leo, it's not as easy as folks think but it sure beats wearing a tie!

Rowdy, I'm shooting The Rezzen. It's blazing fast right out of the box. Light, short axle to axle, great treestand or blind bow.

I'm in a little town called Hico TX. We just had a bit to eat and I saw a sign that said, "Free Wi Fi in downtown Hico". I thought I would check it out. Of course, downtown is only a few buildings but it's nice of them to let folks check their e mail.

I'll check back when I can. Safe hunting to all.

Dave

Howdy Dave.

My season well you might say I'm cursed to take a whitetail so I guess you'd say it's definitely been sooooooo but the fat lady hasn't begun to warm up yet. It isn't over yet! Just fun gettin out though in those woods and swopin huntin stories in deer camp.

Enjoyed the first season of Mathews TV programs and I'll be looking for the first episode.

Have you shot the the Mathews/McPherson Monster bows yet?

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Dave it is good so see you here. That means a bunch. We have not met face to face but I have watched you doing your hunts on tv. I was a BO mamber and yes many of the BO members are here and since I have met a whole bunch face to face they are a great bunch.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Man it's great to see you here Dave. Yep I'm still around and still prize that T/C Encore. Taken a lot of deer with it since that Pronghorn in Wyoming ( notice my pic below? :lol: ) and yes, I'm still smilin'. :D I'm forever grateful for the kindness you showed me and Jason and for the once in a life time hunt. Wishing you and your's the very best.....Norm

Edited by Spirithawk, 03 December 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#13 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hey Dave, good to see you hear.

This year has been great. I shot my biggest buck with a bow on November 8.

I really like what you've done with "Mathews TV". Since Mathews in located in Wisconsin, you guys should do a couple bow hunts for whitetails up here. I know just the guy who could put you on a couple bucks. :D

#14 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hey Dave,

Good to see you! One question for you though. Did Sean get one of his groupie photos of you and him while you were in Nebraska? The young lad darn near wore my camera lens out while he and I attended the SCI Convention two years ago in Reno. I can't take the kid anywhere...wait, he drove me (oops).

I have had a good year for the most part. I killed a bunch of critters in Africa with the bow when I was told I'd be luck to get one. I sweep a few down in Texas-finally got my axis deer! I hosted 12 out of state hunters in unit 45 where we had the first Elkatraz (we killed a 6x7 bull, a 5x5 bull, missed 4-6x6 bulls and a cow). Took the boyz from Pa to Wyoming for antelope (filled all 13 tags), and then, had them hunting elk in Colorado. We fared well on the elk (four bought the farm)! I helped a good friend who is terminally ill with cancer secure an elk, a mule deer, and a pronghorn. Three white-tail are running in deer heaven and two fall turkeys were served for Thanksgiving. I'll be chasing buffalo in Wyoming this coming weekend. I finish the year off with a desert mule deer hunt in New Mexico.

I cannot get Bruce to stand still long enough to go hunting with him! Man he shot a dandy bull moose-you should ask to see the photos!

Good luck in Texas!

Will
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#15 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

lol. No photos this time Huck........didn't have my camera. :) . Dave, Will is exaggerating, his lens actually wore out from taking pictures of all my trophies on our many hunts.....and of our Dodge 3500 he put in a ditch in the arctic of Quebec. :clap: :lol: Ask him for that picture....priceless. See ya soon Huck. pop-lock-and-drop it.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users