28 replies to this topic

#16 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

Still the same crew! I'm glad some things never change.

Mathews TV goes full 1080i HD in a few weeks. Looks great but had to pretty much start all over with gear. New cameras. New computers. New editing softwear. Let me know what you guys think when you see ep. 1.

Best,

DW

#17 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Still the same crew! I'm glad some things never change.

Mathews TV goes full 1080i HD in a few weeks. Looks great but had to pretty much start all over with gear. New cameras. New computers. New editing softwear. Let me know what you guys think when you see ep. 1.

Best,

DW

Rendering time on edited HD is a real pain it takes FOREVER! Hope you can do some of it in the field.

As much as I like the IBM platform and video editing software (AVID) is seems for HD Apple has taken the ball.
Posted Image

#18 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:31 AM

Yep. I've always been a Mac fan. Easier for guys like me with no computer talent. Computers hate me. Just ask Jerm. I can walk into the room and they lock up!

DW

#19 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

Yep. I've always been a Mac fan. Easier for guys like me with no computer talent. Computers hate me. Just ask Jerm. I can walk into the room and they lock up!

DW

In HD things get real detailed on a plasma screen. The people on the shows filmed with what you're using in the coming season look sometimes scary up close. My recommendation is to check anyone or yourself very closely before doing any closeup tight in shots on the face or other wise cause nothing is left to the imagination. LOL

When does the new Mathews TV season begin on the Outdoor Channel? I'll have to check my local cable provider if they have the Outdoor Channel in HD.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 17 December 2008 - 09:02 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#20 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Hi Dave, My season is still going strong. Into the muzzy season since Dec. 1st. I started off the season with a nice 5x4. Very wide and great mass. Got him early archery. Then rifle season shot a unique buck. It was a management buck the land owner wanted taken. He had a main beem on one side of 15" and a rack of 5 points on the other. A 5x1. I hunted him in Big Springs Ne. You might have hunted with an outfitter out there. He has hosted a few celebs from Matthews. RK outfitters. Rick and Julie Kreuter. All tole I have 2 bucks and 2 does. 2 more tags to fill and it is over. Great to hear from you again. Any chance you will be in Omaha any time soon?

Steve

#21 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Thanks Steve. Nope, not heading to NE until the place thaws out!

Mathews TV is on Sunday nights at 7pm, EST. The HD channel and regular channel are on a duel feed so same time slot applies.

The HD makes the scenery and animals look great but I gotta get a closer trim on the nose hairs! With all due respect, I look like Jim Zumbo. (I said with all due respect). LOL

What movie is that quote from? Any takers? Before I offer a prize, let me look in my closet. The last time I did this I promised a dozen Lost arrows and I'm still waiting for them to come in so I can send them to the guy.

OK, the winner gets a 3 pack of Rage Broadheads.

Dave

#22 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

All right I'll guess.

The Movie is "Oh God!"
Posted Image

#23 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Nope.

#24 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:57 AM

Hi Dave !
Whistle Pig (Seth) the young feller you sponsered to attend COAGS a few years back graduated from college with a degree in broadcast communications and has been working part time with ABC/ESPN. He's been shooting a lot of deer hunting video this year and putting togather "podcasts" of the hunts. Although its muzzleloader & rifle hunts I wonder if any of it would be of interest for cabelas memories show? He has some of the video links here in Hunting Resources deer hunting forums. Hope to see you in chat !- God Bless !
Posted Image

#25 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hey ya Phil,

Glad to hear that Seth is doing good. We can always use more footage on Cabela's Memories in the Field.

Dave

#26 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

Talladega Nights!

I
said 'With all due respect.'" Larry Dennit, Jr: "That doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me." Ricky: "I sure as heck does."

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 18 December 2008 - 09:30 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#27 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

That's it Rowdy!

PM me your address.

Best,

Dave

#28 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

That's it Rowdy!

PM me your address.

Best,

Dave

Nah, but thank you very much anyway, that's very nice of you to offer up a prize----I was just having some fun seeing if I had it right.

Those are some quality broadheads from all the positive comments I've read. I've got those loaded on my arrows in my quiver already that goes with my Mathews DXT. I saw what damage they can do to one the wild boars at Wilderness lodge in Tenn. this past fall when several of the member got together there for the fun of it. One of the guys shot one through the boiler room and dropped it fast. I shot a sick racoon in my back yard last spring with one and that's the only chance I've had so far to try them out. LOL

#29 RickyM

RickyM

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Hey Dave! This is RickyM from the Mathews forum. Just wanted to say hi! I hated they didn't have the invitational shoot this year..but it was nice getting a chance to talk to you last year though. Hope things are well for you.
Take Care
Ricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users