• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

My buddy Johnny and I caught close to forty reds this morning. We kept six good ones. They were killing the Gulp Shrimp 3 and 4" in Nuclear Chicken color. We caught tired of catching them. They wore us out and were still biting. Sometimes they are like that this time of year. Sometimes you can't get a bite.

Posted Image

Destined for dinner tomorrow night.

Posted Image

Edited by Leo, 19 December 2008 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

Now that catch is something to drum about. Is the weather good enough to be out in a tee shirt. I look out my window and it is either snowing or freezing rain here.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hey yea I noticed the trees all had the leafs too - looks more like summer there than almost winter solstice. Thanks Leo - I know it summer somewhere right now instead of the blowing half rain/snow like we have today.

I have to get down there and try some of those reds out some day. I have seen shows where they get huge off the Atlantic coast of Florida. But even hooking one right now would be a charge and getting it to the boat or shore to do a catch and release would be great time. The look of those you have there they should be some great :)- eating slabs.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 20 December 2008 - 11:54 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hey yea I noticed the trees all had the leafs too - looks more like summer there than almost winter solstice. That's Leo - I know it summer somewhere right now instead of the blowing half rain/snow we have today.

I have to get down there and try some of those reds out some day. I have seen shows where they get huge off the Atlantic coast of Florida. But even chooking one right now would be a charge. The look of those you have there they should be some great :)- eating slabs.

Those are Live Oaks in the background Rowdy. They never loose all their leaves... unless they're dead! They are evergreen hardwoods.

The redfish get humongous here too but they don't come in the creeks when they are huge. 20-30lbers aren't uncommon beach side. Inshore anything over 30inches is a real whopper.

Slot limit here is 15-23inches, 3 per angler. The fish has to fall in that eight inch slot or it's not a legal keeper.

The slot size fish are arguably the better table fare anyhow. Blackened Redfish almost made them extinct off the coast of Louisiana ;)

Edited by Leo, 19 December 2008 - 09:06 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users