• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

:D ...The Mountain Men had their rendezvous; the Ruffians & flatlanders had their E1,E2,E3,E4's & African/Canadian adventures; The muzzlestuffers have blown blue smoke all over PA/KS/MD.

...so how about a 3-4 day gathering next spring fer Gobbler pursuitists ? We have some good areas here in NC Pennsylvania with lots of local boys(Casters members) who might be wooed into acting as guides & calling for the newbies. We can only hunt until noon but the afternoon & evening could be filled with hunting woodchucks. NW PA has tons of birds and great smallmouth & perch fishing out of Erie. Any thoughts or ideas ?
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

As long as it isn't too early in May. I plan on going to KS again in or around mid April for their opener. I then want desparately to get to Branson MO and meet up with a real mountain man and hunt a few days with him during their spring gobbler season. It will take me two days go get home from there. I'd be happy to be a guide or a hunter either around home here or at camp.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

Once again I'm planning on taking the 2nd week off in May so I will do my best at what ever help
anyone needs.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

As long as it isn't too early in May. I plan on going to KS again in or around mid April for their opener. I then want desparately to get to Branson MO and meet up with a real mountain man and hunt a few days with him during their spring gobbler season. It will take me two days go get home from there. I'd be happy to be a guide or a hunter either around home here or at camp.

You just haul that Missouri Story Teller back with Ya ! We can bus him home if you two can behave yourselfs long enough to let him take a crack at a mountain gobbler. :boone:
Posted Image

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

You guys sure give a fella something to look forward to. :D

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

I think that is one I could definitely be up for.

Have to show yinz how it's done. :P

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

Now that would be a treat of treats no doubt about it. Oh this could be great. Leave it up to Phil to have the great ideas.

#8 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:53 PM

Have to show yinz how it's done. :P

Just leave the pop at home... soda is ok.
Posted Image

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:49 AM

Oh man too bad I sent the turkinator to his demise during the TV jousting last year. Now all we have are reruns.

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

I'm really looking forward to it. Will be awesome to finally meet the PA. bunch. As far as jousting, I have an unbeatable plan. It involves both my feet being on the ground and a bow and arrow. ;) :peace: :lol:

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:38 AM

Just leave the pop at home... soda is ok.

Pop? Soda?
According to my southern brethren it's all "coke" whether it's Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, RC, or whatever else has carbonation. :lol:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Guys I pretty much quit drinking the carbonated drinks. Now I'm hooked on that bottled green tea with citrus. :lol: Will have to stock my back-pack. Any tea will do though. Just can't beat a cold drink of tea on a hot day. :D Of course a cold Dr. Pepper is good too. Shhh, don't tell my wife. :rofl: :rofl:

#13 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

Sounds like fun Phil! Wish I had time to venture over that way but this year again the western hunts are taking too much time. I'm off to Montana for mulies and either Utah or CO for elk this fall. Perhaps some year...

#14 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

Looks like Fri & Sat 5/8-9/09 will be the dates of the hunt. I plan to arrive Thursday evening and leave Saturday evening to be home for Mothers Day on Sunday. After some discussion we opted for a NW PA location so its easier for some of the folks to make it and the terrain is more suited for hunters to sread out after birds. We may be able to sweet talk another board member into possibly letting a couple guys help him with managing his foodplot destroying flock thats a short drive away. We're planning on camping at location....Gobbler hunting in the mornings and woodchucks in the afternoon are on the venue....lots of laughter at the evening campfire will be priceless. *this is an archery friendly hunt if we can coax Jeremiah into bringing a blind or two along! We hope to film some of the action. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#15 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'm ready for all this snow and ice to be gone allready. LOL
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users