Photo

Let's Talk Crossbows!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Should all states remove the ban or limited use of crossbows for archery season (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think

1. Yes (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

Didn't mean to confuse you bud. Just meant to point out that in Missouri they are only legal with a permit. Also, that while I have mixed emotions about them being used by everybody without said permit archery season, I suport their right to do so if it's legal in their state. I guess bottom line if it gets more people out hunting we shouldn't complain. We already have enough people trying to stop that as it is. As to the definition of what is a bow and what isn't I don't think that will ever be settled to everyones satisfaction. Really if everybody always saw things the same way wouldn't life get real boring real quick? And I still stand by the thought that a crossbow is actually inferior to a longbow or compound. I firmly believe that and I've had lots of exsperience shooting about any kind of bow you can mention. Also I'll go as far as to say that they certainly lack the charm, for lack of a better word, of hunting with a hand held bow and though I have to hunt with one I'd jump at being able to go back to hunting with a recurve or compound. Actually, Paul knows I am working on a traditional Cherokee bow carved out of Osage Orange that I hope to be able to hunt with when finished. Most days I know I wont be able to draw it but if I can only now and then I'll be happy. Bottom line I just don't think crossbows are worth the effort to fight over. Better to educate in their good point and bad and let people decide for themselves. Their decisions won't change anything for anyone else in any way that really matters. I'll let you all in on a little secret too. The quickest way to get someone to prefer hunting with a regular "BOW" is to let them buy and use a crossbow when they don't have to. I know of several who have done so and tired of them real quick and went right back to their old bows. They soon realise they were better off. Not saying everyone but more than you might think. :peace:

Edited by Spirithawk, 30 December 2008 - 02:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users