No replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

I have not had a chance to shoot lately because of blizzards, shovelling, holidays, very cold temperatures, etc.. well today it was nice and warm. It was 20-21 degrees above and sunny with a slight breeze. That's good enough for me.

I was interested to see how well the quick release rings from Traditions that I mounted this Traditions 1x32mm scope on top of my White Bison would hold to true zero. Well I am glad to say they held real well IMO.

I was going to shoot further, but would have had to dig out the stand under the snow, and I've dug enough snow this past week so I shot at 30 yards off a bench rest. I was shooting 80 grains of Triple Seven 2f (as this rifle likes 2f more then 3f) and a little 500 grain Bull Shop Conical that I sized down to .503 diameter. No wads were used and no swabbing except for when I changed locations on the paper.

I started in that orange middle bull and fired five into that hole. I was more then pleased that the scope held true. So far this scope and mounts have been doing real well. Johnmorris told me about this scope, and for a $50.00 scope this thing shoots well.

I then moved up to the top left bull. The one high hit is an old one. I just did not tape it up. The rest are in that little black piece of tape there. I think I shot three or four times at it there.

Then I moved down to the lower left and shot four rounds at that. I was going to do five but chickened out... that was a good group for me. Then after I swabbed, just to prove I could do it, I shot one last round at the lower right bulls eye.

The gun handled perfect, the RWS caps shot flawless, and other then the old dog having to be carried back to the house, it was a good day. (He got bogged down in the deep snow and is told old to be out there.. I had on snowshoes at least.)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users