Hunting Resource Embraces "web 2.0"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

The times they are a changin'...

Over the past few months, site traffic has really increased steadily. Our search engine rankings have been on the rise for some time and with that comes more visitors to our little corner of the Web. A quick peek at our Alexa Ranking shows that while our growth and reach have exploded from where we once were, we still have ground yet to cover.

Now that I have a little time to sit down and catch my breath, I thought I would highlight just a few of the changes that are going on at HuntingResource.com in an effort to continue making this site a truely valuable Hunting Resource.

As some have surely already seen, the Articles Section has been completely rebuilt into a database format. This not only allows us to highlight key content quickly as never before, but also gives you, the user, all new controls to sort and share that content with others!
Posted Image

A new web links database has been added along side the articles database to bring everything you need from the Web concerning the great outdoors to this one place. You will even be able to see a live snapshot of the site before you click the link. Users will also have the ability to rate content from web links to articles. This not only helps other users, but also helps the staff and authors by letting us know what you like and what you don't.
Posted Image

If an article or some other site content is particularly helpful to you, you will now even have the ability to share that content with friends, family and the entire Web as never before. Thanks to an extensive social bookmarks system, you can highlight content or pass it along with just a couple mouse clicks!
Posted Image

We are also very pleased to announce that we plan to expand our video content on the site and that all of it will be done in flash video format. (Not unlike YouTube and other various video sharing sites.)
Posted Image

There is certainly a lot more going on and even more changes that have already been made. But, those are just a few of the ones I feel truly help the user as much as anyone. The best has probably been saved for last though. The Hunting Resource Forums will also be revamped, hopefully, within the next few weeks. As bold a statement as it may seem, I can confidently say that we have only just gotten started.

Thanks, everyone, for being a part and making this place great!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users